Women's Olympic trap

HDAV

Doesnt look like Charlotte kerwood will qualify, can't help thing they should have picked Abbey Burton!

Not that it would probably have mattered with a 20 year old Italian straighting qualification!

Edited by HDAV

I am aware of the controversy surrounding this issue but in all fairness only 3 girls can win out of a huge field; to start dissing Charlotte for not doing well enough is hardly fair. There is no proof Abbey would have got a podium place as good as I'm sure she is. This is the Olympics, you need a bit of luck to peak at the right time as the Italian did. It's all bit too predictable if you ask me.

Very true, neither is being photogenic or pretty

Agreed HDAV, we will never know why the selectors went with CK and not the in-form AB. Doubt if it was appearance or niceness probably more to do with some obscure funding issue.

Unfortunately whats done is done and we can only speculate that AB would have shot a hundred straight and relegated Rossi to silver. Extremely unlikely I know but I'd like to think she would have reached the final.

Mr Potter

Unfortunately whats done is done and we can only speculate that AB would have shot a hundred straight and relegated Rossi to silver. Extremely unlikely I know but I'd like to think she would have reached the final.

Mr Potter

the selectors made their decision, who selects the selectors? I doubt AB would have straighted it although she is capable.... But qualification should have been achievable..... Hopefully mr ling will do better but it looks like we may be in the position of GOLD for unfunded and coached abroad pete Wilson and no qualification for the funded shooters...... That is a much bigger issue!