Does life begin at 40?

Asa Bear

I`m 47 and couldn`t be happier....Life is what you make it. Money, materialistic items dont mean squat to me.

If you have your health, good friends and family you have a good life.

As Suzie stated....its just a number.....You have one life...live it.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I work in care so I get to see everyday what the other option could be.

My mother has been housebound for the last 15 years and has had to have care since her early 30s

So the mornings that I do wake up and feel my aged

I just count my blessing that with every ache, pain and grey hair.

I can still get up and make a cup of tea. And that it's my hand still that wipes me bum :0)

xxxxSuzy

I`m 47 and couldn`t be happier....Life is what you make it. Money, materialistic items dont mean squat to me.

If you have your health, good friends and family you have a good life.

As Suzie stated....its just a number.....You have one life...live it.

well said that man. your health is you wealth. if you live with someone in the family who has a terminal illness,you quickly realise money isn't everthing and we spend too much of our time chasing after it :good:

blimey have I stumbled into the warm up for grumpy old men? Im 45 have never felt better and have a wife due to give birth v soon. Im in top health, have the first job I actually look forward to going in to and dont look on being 45 as a major cause fod general misery, myopia or sitting like I am counting the days til Im measured for a box. And for those who say its only a matter of time I had my mot at the docs and its all good :-)

Way to go champ, thanks for cheering us up. Got to go, statin time.

Edited by Thunderbird

I work in care so I get to see everyday what the other option could be.

My mother has been housebound for the last 15 years and has had to have care since her early 30s

So the mornings that I do wake up and feel my age

I just count my blessing that with every ache, pain and grey hair.

I can still get up and make a cup of tea. And that it's my hand still that wipes me bum :0)

xxxxSuzy

All very good points. Someone I knew 48 years old was on her second knee replacement. Counting blessings and thinking 'there but for the grace of whoever' helps.

Age has never bothered me. I don't really behave or think any differently now at past 50 than I did when I was 21. I think working with kids keeps you in the loop of what it feels like to be young. The worst part about that is when a colleague gets married to a "boy" that I used to teach who now runs a successful business and earns 10 times what I do....

What has changed is my lifestyle - kids growing up (but still on the payroll!), more stability and financial security and a feeling that if I was told I was going to drop dead tomorrow there is nothing I feel that I wish I had done. I love my job, my wife and family; loss of hair and gain in circumference are insignificant in the scheme of things. Each decade has given me something new - I was married in my 20's; in my 30's we had kids; at 40 I learned to fly powered aircraft; 50 saw me take up shooting - any suggestions for what to do at 60? (I still have a few years to think about it!)

Nick

Life just gets better and better. People say "if you could be 20 again with your knowledge and the salary you are on now, would you?". My answer is pretty much at 20 I knew everything, at 30 I realised I was too old to know everything and after 40 I just keep on learning, new experiences, new friends and new knowledge. Hell, I only took up shooting this year!

Like a lot of people have said here, life is what you make of it.

Regards

Mark

(43 in a couple of months, for the record)

well, im now 48 and will be 49 in september

when i turned 40 i got married for the 2nd time, already had my 3rd child and now have 4 in total and i have just become a grandad.

I have dome more in the last 9 years then i have ever before....wildfowling and fly fishing to name a few.

The only down side are my eyes which i notice more now while trying to attach a size 16 to a 2lb line.....god i curse myself until by magic i get the line through the eye... :P

To be honest the last 10 years have flown by and i try to do as much as possible with the kids and get out and enjoy myself.

we all just got back from camping, it was wet but we had some fun and that is all what counts.

Big 50 coming next year so thats why i am doing the 3 peak challange next year...just another way of celebrating

well, im now 48 and will be 49 in september

when i turned 40 i got married for the 2nd time, already had my 3rd child and now have 4 in total and i have just become a grandad.

I have dome more in the last 9 years then i have ever before....wildfowling and fly fishing to name a few.

The only down side are my eyes which i notice more now while trying to attach a size 16 to a 2lb line.....god i curse myself until by magic i get the line through the eye... :P

To be honest the last 10 years have flown by and i try to do as much as possible with the kids and get out and enjoy myself.

we all just got back from camping, it was wet but we had some fun and that is all what counts.

Big 50 coming next year so thats why i am doing the 3 peak challange next year...just another way of celebrating

way to go :good:

Took early retirement at 55 and then started to live life like I wanted to live it NOT like some other ******* thinks I should live it. You got to know your limits but the occassional session on the beer does have its benefits. Makes you remember what you used to do and wake up ready to go again. Takes a little longer now I'm 63. Still SGC and FAC does recompense oneself. You can do what you like, how you like and best of all, when you like.