An hour last night

FOXHUNTER1

Had a quick hour out last night to a farm that had cut a few fields. Ratch had his .17 HMR and I had my .243

Ratch started off shooting a bit of ground game before a bullet head lodged in his barrel putting and end to his shooting for the night , shame really as there was quite a few rabbits about :no:

Anyway I also managed to shoot a fox which took the 100 grainer a couple of inches behind the shoulder and continued to run for around 50 yards before collapsing at our feet :o

16aug12.jpg

I wasn't worried I was just thinking those rabbits look a bit long legged!

Its as plain as the nose on your face that they are hares :yes:

Why do people have to nit pick , Ive shot my permissions for over 20 years and populations of all quarry are sustainable.

Its up to me what I shoot and Dont shoot and Dont need any advice from anyone else.

Rabbits and pigeons have young at this time of year also , does that stop people shooting them??? :hmm:

Its as plain as the nose on your face that they are hares :yes:

Why do people have to nit pick , Ive shot my permissions for over 20 years and populations of all quarry are sustainable.

Its up to me what I shoot and Dont shoot and Dont need any advice from anyone else.

Rabbits and pigeons have young at this time of year also , does that stop people shooting them??? :hmm:

I'm not nit-picking, I'm just asking a perfectly innocent question as I don't have any experience of hares and was just interested.

Christ there are enough nit-pickers on PW without you turning on me. :no:

Edited by Thunderbird

I'm not nit-picking, I'm just asking a perfectly innocent question as I don't have any experience of hares and was just interested.

Christ there are enough nit-pickers on PW without you turning on me. :no:

Im not turning on you mate :friends: In the whole every shooter is positive on here , I just get a bit miffed when people are negative.

Im not turning on you mate :friends: In the whole every shooter is positive on here , I just get a bit miffed when people are negative.

So do I. I was just a little surprised you decided to quote my post when you had a go at the negative people. Looks like cracking shooting to me. I went lamping myself for the first time a while back, it was ace :good:

iv nearly got rid of all mine "long legs" best time to shoot them now saves shooting young"ens dont no why people on here so miffed when they see a hare dead on here as long as they get shot with correct gun and not air rifles its just pest control and yer yer yer i no some of you key board warriors say they are "game" and should not be shot at night yer yer yer .We here that alot last year i had well over 500 and wood you no it not a single poacher on any land last year due to nothing left to chase

well done fella nice bag there

top job buddy nout wrong with shooting hares if they are causing problems on my perms they get whacked with out a second thought !!!! some folk think cause they have no hares or very few they seem to think there is a sortage of hears every where we have hunderds round here and we take 200 -300 a year and have done for many years i shoot a golf coures and we shoot 500 + a year off it there are 10 times more hares than rabbits on it well done once again

Edited by cocker3