Wren with caterpillar

docholiday

As we've come to expect, an excellent picture. Can you give some insight in to technique. I see you have a 600 + 1.4TC which isn't really hand-held stuff for the quality of picture you always produce. And, Jenny Wren doesn't often happen along like this. Do you generally use hides, spend long periods just watching - what's an average docholiday bird day?

Cheers, and keep the superb pictures coming.

As we've come to expect, an excellent picture. Can you give some insight in to technique. I see you have a 600 + 1.4TC which isn't really hand-held stuff for the quality of picture you always produce. And, Jenny Wren doesn't often happen along like this. Do you generally use hides, spend long periods just watching - what's an average docholiday bird day?

Cheers, and keep the superb pictures coming.

Sorry for the late reply just found this,

This shot was hand held with a 100-400 zoom, on days like this one was, I was just walking around usually watch areas as much as possible, as you get an idea of the bird movements, with the 600mm I will often pick an area and try to get a comfortable position and sit and wait sometimes an hour sometimes all day, you just never know when that shot may happen, one thing for shore you need to put in lots of hours. sometimes you are lucky sometimes you are not

Edited by docholiday

Sorry for the late reply just found this,

This shot was hand held with a 100-400 zoom, on days like this one was, I was just walking around usually watch areas as much as possible, as you get an idea of the bird movements, with the 600mm I will often pick an area and try to get a comfortable position and sit and wait sometimes an hour sometimes all day, you just never know when that shot may happen, one thing for shore you need to put in lots of hours. sometimes you are lucky sometimes you are not

You weren't by chance on the Pembrokeshire coast earlier this year getting pictures of a Wheatear?