Permission gained

staggerhome

Well after months of trying i finally got a yes from a kind landowner for some shooting permission so i thought id try my hand at a bit of decoying on a small field of stubble this morning.I was set up with my hide and half a dozen fuds for around 10ish and by 10.15 birds were showing quite a bit of interest but me being a bit of a novice i missed quite a few to say the least.

For the first couple of hrs i had quite a lot of sport but the birds were not showing much by 12.30 so i decided to call it a day at 1pm with 28 shot but left with 24 as i could not find the other 4 due to dense undergrowth.Anyway i was most pleased with the result and will be returning again this week. Happy Days.

20120819_122546.jpg

20120819_095630.jpg

Awesome mate, well done :good:

The birds do tend to quieten off around midday, but they usually come back in the afternoon :yes:

Agreed in fact at this time of year you would pehaps had more if you were just setting up at the time you left.

Well done on getting some permission , I know how hard it can be , and a good result for your first attempt.