Just bought my first SxS

ace_of_hearts

Popped in to see Bill at Historic Guns & Militaria in Arlesey today, and after picking his brains for a good couple of hours and looking at some of his lovely stock, i came home with my first side by side :)

Its an AYA Yeoman, in great condition with perfect bores and almost flawless blueing. The action is tight and feels as though it has hardly been used. Bill is a great guy and very patient with all my novice questions, and showed me and let me handle a lot of the stunning guns he has in stock (and i have spotted a few interesting bits i might like to get if i can find the spare cash :drool: )

Overall a good evening and i can't wait to take it out! If i get time over the winter i will refinish the woodwork to get rid of some of the minor marks and make the gun mint.

I managed to get it home safely on the back of the bike aswell which was interesting :good:

Anyways here are some pictures:

post-57068-0-08464700-1346022536_thumb.jpg

post-57068-0-69613200-1346022541_thumb.jpg

post-57068-0-44377700-1346022546_thumb.jpg

post-57068-0-99684900-1346022550_thumb.jpg

Edited by ace_of_hearts

Every shooter should own at least one SxS. They are a real pleasure to shoot in the field, but not quite so pleasant if you're going to shoot 200 clays!

Do let us know how you get on with it on your first outing.

People either love 'em or hate 'em - I love mine and wouldn't be without one :good:

After a dozen or so shots you will get a heat haze on the centre rib. Then when you bring the gun up the clay disappears in the haze, and I do mean disappear. Baffled me the first time it happened.

Not saying it isn't a decent gun, far from it. I only own SxS but do have to admit they are not best suited to clays.

very clean if i might say. it looks brand new. i had an aya number 3 and absolutely loved it. had some great days out with that gun. but again it wasnt the best for clay, it dusted them no problem but abit uncomfortable after alot of shots in a short space of time. non the less they are a fantastic well built gun that will last a lifetime if looked after. enjoy your new gun