Car insurance - Unbelievable!

Frenchieboy

Direct line are the only insurance company I wouldn't go with . To save costs they automatically admit fault and pay out regardless of blame . This saves on solicitors fees but labels your driving history with an at fault accident

That surprises me. I've been with DL for a few years now, home and car insurance. They've always matched (or at least got close to) other quotes I've had, and they've been good on the phone. My car was crashed into once, and the other guy admitted fault. There is no at fault accident on my driving history (though the bloke who hit me was insured with DL too), and they gave me a courtesy car which I wasn't strictly entitled too, fixed my car well etc.

Hasn't there been some change to the equality laws, women used to be able to achieve a lower rate than men, because they hardly ever get out of 3 gear going to and from the shops, tin hat on :ninja:. So now we're all equal, your premium has come down, either that or you've entered a new older aged bracket :whistling:

Its called gender directive and it comes into affect on the 21st December, i had a training session on it at work the other day. I work for Aviva selling car and home insurance

I thought I'd get rid of the car the insurance was about £200 a year and get a ford ranger or similar to use on the farm and for a spot of shooting. Bearing in mind I'm 39 no prangs or claims ever and police driving qualifications coming out of my ears the best quote on the price comparison sites for a 54 plate ranger was £1327.91!!!

I wasn't sure if I choked, swore or did both at the same time!

Apparantly truck cabs are classed as commercial vehicles and they class me as a new driver hence the stupid price as you cannot take across car insurance onto a commercial vehicle??

Strangely enough I didn't buy the truck cab with insurance that high and am still looking for a 'normal' 4x4

Amost always change company every year, and either pay a years prenium on one go, or if you cant afford that then pay in one go with 0% credit card and pay that off until the 0% offer ends (usually in 12-18 months), even if they charge a 2.5% surcharge. You'd be suprised how much interest insurance companies charge for the privilage of paying it off in monthly installments :(

i use 2 different company's ,one year i use one of them and when the renewal comes and its gone up i then go back to the other one and they then better the quote ,then i do the same the following year back to the old one ,i tried go compare ,com but none of them would insure me as i have none standard alloys and one company said because i got a roof rack it is an add on !! one company said if i got blacked out windows it would be cheaper as no one can see inside and the other company said it would be dearer as people will want to pinch it because it look good ????

• 1 month later...

Just insured the car with AXA for £295 through Meerkat.

That was £36.99 cheaper than if insured direct with AXA! ???

Ive just done that with axa as well, cheapest quote...and my third cuddly toy :good: 2nd year car and 1st year house insurance

£45 cheaper than last year.

Cheapest car for Ins for a first timer is a 1 litre corsa 12v 3 cyl.

My niece is being quoted £890 through Elephant. they quote you for 10 months and providing you go back to them they give you 12 month no claims

Cheapest 12 month quote is £1200

she is 17 and just passed her test

:shaun:

Ive been with Churchill for quite a few years as usual it went up a little every year, that didnt worry me, this year however it went up over £100.00, pee=d off or what, I wouldnt ring them out of principle, I used the Meerkat compare site and got it cheaper than last years price with Liverpool and Victoria, so it does prove you should shop around, after all its your money.

Alan

Edited by Alanl50

I just got my car insurance renewal through today. I have been insured with the same company for a good few years now and have never made a claim of any sort so my no claims bonus is in tact and first calss. Even so every year the renweal premium for my car has risen, not a lot admittedly, but it has gone up above the rate of inflation. Whenever I question the insurance company (Saga) about this they say it is because of other drivers in my area - It seeUms to me that I am paying for their poor driving!

However today has presented me with a first! My renweal premium has gone DOWN! Not by a lot admittedly but it has gone down. I pay mine on a monthly basis and the monthly payments have gone down by over a pound a months, this might not sound like a lot but this is definitely a first - Or does this mean that the other drivers in my area are getting better and having less accidents?

Has anyone else experienced their car insurance renewal going down in price or is this just a "one off"?

Well my guess is that if your insured by saga your not a young chicken! I guess the drivers around you arnt getting better but infact there are getting less of them by the year!!!

Royal

I thought I'd get rid of the car the insurance was about £200 a year and get a ford ranger or similar to use on the farm and for a spot of shooting. Bearing in mind I'm 39 no prangs or claims ever and police driving qualifications coming out of my ears the best quote on the price comparison sites for a 54 plate ranger was £1327.91!!!

I wasn't sure if I choked, swore or did both at the same time!

Apparantly truck cabs are classed as commercial vehicles and they class me as a new driver hence the stupid price as you cannot take across car insurance onto a commercial vehicle??

Strangely enough I didn't buy the truck cab with insurance that high and am still looking for a 'normal' 4x4

You can use your private car no claim against i have just sold my car and bought a Isuzu denver max and used my no claims im with Octagon

Well my guess is that if your insured by saga your not a young chicken! I guess the drivers around you arnt getting better but infact there are getting less of them by the year!!!

Royal

You guessed quite right, I am a right old f**t, well I ain't going to see my 60th birthday ever again unless I get reincarnated!