oat and wheat stibble

yickdaz

i met up with the old fella at the farm at 12.30pm he had already set up on oat stubble and made a bale hide i just sat in the car for 10 mins watching not a lot of pigeons in the air flighting,but a few came in to him so i joined him in the hide and birds started to trickle i, a few crows were taking interest also, so we stuck the crow deeks out, it was slow going for the first hour or so the birds just wasn,t flighting with any conviction, but at around 2.30pm they started to appear and the flightlines got stronger i spotted a good line crossing the bottom end of the wheat stubble that ran straight up to the oat stubble we was set up on, i decided to move down there just took me gun carts seat and turbo flapper, there was bales all over the field so making a hide was simple enough, i set the turbo out and had birds come for a look but not come right in, once i had about 12 dead birds down as decoys they started to come in well , i made around 50 or so in 2 hrs to swell the bag a little they stopped coming in at 5pm and were going in over the boundary on another stubble so we called it a day with 83 woodies picked 6 crows and jackdaws 3 ferals 1 magpie lost about 5 crows and 5 pigeons so it was just over 100 shot, 93 picked,

ps the heading should say stubble but pressed wrong key

post-21887-0-03978600-1347127709_thumb.jpg

post-21887-0-15908100-1347127731_thumb.jpg

Edited by yickdaz

well done daz the birds have come back at long last :good: not many birds round BW today there combining there was no flight line as such only managed 13 we move 3 time not a good day at all still enjoyed it anyway

thats where we shot today burtonwood not shot the farm for 12 months they just appear from nowhere at harvest on that particular farm we could hear shots in the distance it could of been yourself shooting

Edited by yickdaz