mega stag

swiss.tony

just took this of face book that 1 of mates had commented on was taken in cornwall any more details its a stunner

A magnificent wild English red stag taken yesterday in Cornwall with a quite some story to tell. Tune into Realtree UK TV in couple of weeks to see the whole thing! He weighed in at a whopping 156kg or 25 stone! — at Wadebridge, Cornwall.

post-23051-0-96858600-1347473039_thumb.jpg

Edited by swiss.tony

Swiss are the reds on thorne moore still about,?

yes mate not so many i think was in john carrs gun shop a few weeks ago and a bloke who shoots on bertwhistles sindicate had just bin passed of for a .308 for reds on there so they must be takeing a few .

Also got a mate who shoots the back of thorne moor and we bumped in to a hurd of 40 too 50 fallow iv never ever sin fallow on there in 20 years so not a clue where they have come from and there totaly wild no deer farmers round that area

still plenty of roe about

yes mate not so many i think was in john carrs gun shop a few weeks ago and a bloke who shoots on bertwhistles sindicate had just bin passed of for a .308 for reds on there so they must be takeing a few .

Also got a mate who shoots the back of thorne moor and we bumped in to a hurd of 40 too 50 fallow iv never ever sin fallow on there in 20 years so not a clue where they have come from and there totaly wild no deer farmers round that area

still plenty of roe about

Nice if the fallow spread out , Is that youre suzuki ive seen round the wind turdines near haremin, Theirs a few blokes from thorne

shooting round that area & the thorne wildfowlers shoot a stretch of river their?

Ant8681 your right its not the same as proper stalking! But in Simon's defence it was a job that needed doing!! as stated in the clip it would of done more harm in there with the other stags that had been de antlered.

It was a risk for him to show it on the FS channel knowing it's not to everyone's taste, and I t think fair play to him for showing it.

He would be the first to say it was not how he would of wanted to take the stag but the job needed doing.

My thoughts

If you've ever tried it its far from fish in a barrel, how "small" does that field look? I can't see a fence in sight some of the enclosures are a good few hundred acres which believe me gives them plenty of room to get away from you. I've had a day doing it not really my cup of tea but got the experience I wanted from it which was a few grallochs under good instruction in a short space of time.

Ant I know what you mean but like Al4x said it has is own changeling park stalking!

Yes they are fenced in yes you will get your animal and yes its not the same as a wild stalk!! but trophy hunters come and take big heads and that money helps with the up keep of these parks and feed in the winter.

Each to there own.

Not having a pop mate but both sides of the coin and all that.

SGS

If you really want to get controversial there is another site in the uk where you can go and shoot a park buffalo, thats going one step too far for me not sure I'd want the trophy knowing I'd effectively shot a cow in a field. Getting deer past my FEO was one thing asking him for UK buffalo would probably generate some form of seizure

If you really want to get controversial there is another site in the uk where you can go and shoot a park buffalo, thats going one step too far for me not sure I'd want the trophy knowing I'd effectively shot a cow in a field. Getting deer past my FEO was one thing asking him for UK buffalo would probably generate some form of seizure

think they call it a freeze filler al4x