Compak Sporting in the UK

phil moss

Link to dates? Are there any shoots in Essex or reasonable driving distance?

My guess would be they might find that most grounds won't be interested in staging Selection Shoots, as it's an "un-tried" discipline over here, with no guarantees on entry numbers.

It'll be interesting to see if any grounds are interested....., maybe Doveridge, Southdown..??

Cat.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news indeed, I'll certainly try to get round the selection shoots. One thing I hope is that any ground that does this studies the rules very carefully and hopefully has experience of shooting the discipline abroad. It is not the same as the CPSA's Sportrap and I will be disappointed if that's what we end up with.

There are a handful of UK shooters who are regulars on the world and European championship circuit and frequent visitors to France for their regional championships. Cat is among those alongside the current World Champion George Digweed and Ladies World Champion Cheryl Hall and other recognised "big" names Jamie Brightman, Matt Hance, the Papworths Martin & Chris and others. The wise ground owner would ask one of those respected names to either assist in setting the targets or at the very least vet them before the competition commences.

As above though Roll on 2013 :good: :good:

Potter

I reckon John Bidwell would be prepared to have a go at High Lodge, he's shot quite a few Compak events in Europe and I'm sure he'd support this discipline coming into the UK, if I see him over the next few months I'll have a word.

Next year could be an interesting year on the International Sporting circuit. :yes:

Cat.

The International Board are staging selection shoots next year, along with other modifications to Fitasc selection shoots.

Dennis

You might have been a bit premature with this, CPSA has the following notice on their website. (I only spotted this today but look at the return date, this Friday, not giving the grounds much time to prepare a tender!!)

BRITISH GRAND PRIX & TEAM SELECTION SHOOT TENDERS

The British International Clay Target Shooting Federation invites clubs and shooting grounds to apply to stage British Grand Prix and/or British Team Selection shoots in 2013 for the following disciplines: Double Trap, Olympic Skeet, Olympic Trap, Helice, FITASC Sporting and Universal Trench.

Interested parties should apply to the Federation's Secretary for a tender form and a copy of the Shoot Conditions. Completed tenders must reach the Secretary by Friday 19th October 2012.

No mention of Compak I'm afraid, back to France and beyond to shoot this fantastic discipline.

Potter