Compak Sporting in the UK

phil moss

Congrats to George!

My remarks have nothing to do with him but with the game of compak

199/200 is an American skeet score that should not be shot on a sporting clays type course!

In this case, the mental game get reversed: the shooter is not concern to hit them, but to don't miss them!

The easiness of the sporting clays is in full speed !!!

5 cages and a setting that get repeated forever!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to George!

199/200 is an American skeet score that should not be shot on a sporting clays type course!

In this case, the mental game get reversed: the shooter is not concern to hit them, but to don't miss them!

If this reply is the preamble to yet another thread derailment, then please think again.

Derailing threads is against the forum rules. If you are intending to talk about your concept again, then start your own thread and leave this one alone.

Congrats to George!

Who remembers when the big fellow shot 475 straight in English skeet ???? :good: :good: :good:

Spose that was easiness as well !!! :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

As has been said on here already these scores are truly superb regardless of the discipline be it skeet sporting compaq or any of the others ,the hours of practice to achieve this standard must be mind boggling.

As for repetitive targets , i am bewidered how anyone can deride the concentration and discipline required to shoot these disciplines successfully.

So back to my original opinion on any one who can shoot to these standards .WELL DONE!!!

Edited by Jega

Give it a rest.

Just stick to the superb achievement and enjoy it. Britain leads the shooting Compak world - can't be a bad thing.

But we don't send an official GB Team as we do to FITASC Sporting events, how daft is that, the "Team" that Diggy was in was an ad hoc arrangement made at the ground by the 3 competitors, surely it's about time the CPSA took note and recognised Compak as a proper international discipline..??

Cat.

But we don't send an official GB Team as we do to FITASC Sporting events, how daft is that, the "Team" that Diggy was in was an ad hoc arrangement made at the ground by the 3 competitors, surely it's about time the CPSA took note and recognised Compak as a proper international discipline..??

Fair point, Cat.

Done right compak is great espically for a big event, its also great as a winter discipline, in that you get through it much quicker and no treeking. I would have thought the International board could have run selection shoots throughout the winter for next year so as not to crowd the calender , Southdown would be great to kick start it off as they can put it on over 3 days. We already hold Fitasc selection shoots for the european next year so why not compak. Grimsthorpe was interesting, tough but great. Compak is great for veterans.

Cat we also put an adhock team together in Bordeux , Jammie Brightman was in that as well.

Dennis

• 3 weeks later...

I see Compak Selection Shoots have been added to the CPSA's 2013 calendar. :hmm:

To clarify they're under the BICTSF team selection and championship events, not the CPSA's own selection events. No venues have been added yet, and I doubt the dates are cast in stone yet either.