why is GREAT britain no longer great

dave1979

funeral today of 2 police woman murdered last week!!! little girl abducted and still missing...this country has gone to pot!!!

Yer totally agree cant be that great anymore especially when:

2 police officers get shot- The country responds with overwhelming compassion towards the familys and colleages of them, they lay huge floral signs to show there respects and today people who never even met them went to see the funeral to show they care.

A young girl is abducted- The town turns out to help look for her hundreds of people search through the day and night to find once again a little girl they have no connection to.

Thats just the people who can visit or do something not to mention the literally thousands of people who show there support through online social media things such as twitter and facebook. I am sorry but as terrible as these things are, for me they show how great the country can be. Other countries these things are a daily occurrence and would not even make the news.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Many of these problems have happened all the time, though some have appeared recently and others have gotten worse. X-Factor does not send out the right message - you can get rich and famous for almost nothing, rather than actually working to achieve something. Crime rates are also higher, for example. Although everything is reported more now, things have not always been like this.

Yer totally agree cant be that great anymore especially when:

2 police officers get shot- The country responds with overwhelming compassion towards the familys and colleages of them, they lay huge floral signs to show there respects and today people who never even met them went to see the funeral to show they care.

A young girl is abducted- The town turns out to help look for her hundreds of people search through the day and night to find once again a little girl they have no connection to.

Thats just the people who can visit or do something not to mention the literally thousands of people who show there support through online social media things such as twitter and facebook. I am sorry but as terrible as these things are, for me they show how great the country can be. Other countries these things are a daily occurrence and would not even make the news.

Yep. It's bad that these things happen, but good that people are showing support. Someone came from Manchester to help with that search. He was asked why and he said something like "if it was my kid I'd want people to do the same".

This country is worse than it used to be, but there still are some things out there that make Great Britain great.

Country is past the point of no return some towns now look like something out of Pakistan the day I see an ox in the street then I know that's the final nail

The British culture is being watered down until the very word will be banned

I'm glad I won't be alive to see the day when we have president mohamad and sharia law

+2 :good:

ah I thought it was a recent thing bearing in mind you've needed to get a license since 1870 and keep them in a cabinet since 1968, both of which are actually quite good ideas

I don't know where you get the needed a cabinet since 1968 information from , certainly in Lincolnshire there was no requirement for me to have a gun cabinet when I started shooting in around 1981-2.

Not sure that everyone would agree but I do think a part of it is the standard of education, especially literacy.

Posts saying it is the fault of immigrants are usually full of spelling and grammatical mistakes. At least make an effort to learn your own language if you want to criticise foreigners.

Theres no respect any more and this resilts in no order!! The justice system doesnot work efficently, crime is on the up because were not the tough no nonsence country we once were. Opening the flood gates to imigrants that take our money and give nothing back. Low life scumbags sponging off the leftovers of society. The list is endless. This country will fall if somthing isnt done!!

Its just our take on our bit of time in history. Watched an interesting program on the great fire of London, and according to to accounts from witnesses they blamed the foreigners, the place was full of them! rings true now? Also read up on how safe it was to walk the streets in the late 1800's Me thinks things are a lot safer now :yes:

Crime rates up is that just guesswork as the stats say otherwise? figures such as homicides at their lowest since 1983 would suggest otherwise

http://www.guardian....s-england-wales

It depends on where you start from. Crime rates may have fallen a bit in the past few years, but when you look over the decades, crime has increased. I know that murder rates increased since at least the 60s.

But thats the way it was 80years ago. This country needs to be firm. Does it not make you sick when someone commits herendous crimes and get a bed 2hot meals a day and a big telle and a playstation. They were all calling to hang the bloke who killed those 2 police officers. And rightly So in many peoples eyes. I just think that the way the country deals with things is not enough in some cases. Dont you? To me murderers pedophiles and rapists are the lowest of the low