Just gained first permission

hi all, I'm now officially one happy bunny. Today I had to go out with one of our drivers to deliver building materials to a local farm. Once we get there I realise it's the farm me and my best mate used to go fishing on over 15 years ago. My mate's dad is very good friends with the farmer and I also was in the same classes as his daughter so we got chatting.

As were nattering away about the old days his missus walked past with two 12 bores over her shoulders and I hear her complaining about them bloody pidgeons again. So I very politely say if you need any help thinningthe numbers let me know. To my surprise he says give me a call over the weekend and I will take you down and show you what's what, boundaries and so forth. He then says he's fed up with losing crop to pidgeons, rooks allsorts of other birds and then informs me there's loads of them foxes about attacking his chickens.

I'm thinking can this get any better when he tells me theres loads of geese aswell on one of his lakes that also need thinning out. I'm now thinking wow what a chance meeting.

Then the cherry on the cake is the only other person who shoots their is his son and to help him out he's built a hide for him. Apparently his son rarely goes down there so if I can do a good job I should be able to get down there when i want.

I just wanted to share my happiness with the PW faithful and hopefully nobody's fell asleep reading this with me harping on.

ATB

One very happy 425

Obviously nothing set in stone yet but once I've been show around I should get the green light.

Well done mate. 3main things as im sure you know be - clean, respect boundries (live stock), shoot as many pigeons as you can lol. Again well done, do a good job and who knows hel be chatting away to his farmer mates and you could be recomended, thats how i got shooting permisions.

happy shooting!!!

Edited by mr williamson