what to bate a mouse trap with ?

pigeon pete

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always super glued a chuck of chocolate to my traps . At the moment I've got a trap set in my bosses house on which I've caught 17 mice with the same piece of chocolate

good idea ,thin plastic card on the floor spread with loads of superglue ,you can imagine it ,first thing in the morning i creep into the room and there he is stuck on all 4s looking at me ,and the look on his face when the hears the click of the safety catch lol :shoot::w00t:

Raisins or chocolate.

Have you tried wearing old gardening gloves or disposible gloves when setting the traps? I don't know about mice but rats will avoid a trap if it smells as though a human has been handling it. If you are not catching many they either aren't there or they don't like your aftershave.

Raisins or chocolate.

Have you tried wearing old gardening gloves or disposible gloves when setting the traps? I don't know about mice but rats will avoid a trap if it smells as though a human has been handling it. If you are not catching many they either aren't there or they don't like your aftershave.

Most wildlife has a better nose than us mere mortals, but mice are inquisitive little *******, and Rats are NOT, they are Neophobic and do not like anything new or out of the ordinary that turns up on their manner, this "can" easily lead them to completely avoid a bait box or trap for 2 weeks or more before entering. Smell only plays a small part in this process! :good:

Mice tend to charge in regardless! :good:

Edited by Dekers