what to bate a mouse trap with ?

pigeon pete

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the ideas ,i got to put down 20 traps and i will try all of the baits and let you know what one works the best ,cant do it until they come back from there holiday in 2 weeks

What i'd suggest is you forget the traps and just change the locks. Then when the little blighters come back from holiday they can't get it. Problem solved

• 2 weeks later...

well i set 4 traps with mars bar ,no good ,then next night got another 4 traps ,so 4 with mars bars and 4 with peanut butter ,2 traps had the peanut butter taken off and traps did not go off ! ive now done my own trigger job on the traps, i cut a bit off trigger arm ,and all loaded with peanut butter ,my boss said i thought you were a hunter ,i said i will bring the 12 gauge if you want and i will send them to hell and back lol ,well if i get a few the boss is going to find a few in his draw in the morning lol

ps dont ever get the big cheese traps they brake as you arm them and THAT HURTS lol

+1 for peanut butter, some on trigger and some on base around the spring. I had the problem of them taking the bait but not tripping the trigger, this should get them clambering all over the trap. You could try a couple of drops of fish oil on the wooden base too( if thats the type you have) Post a pic of your haul, little ******* ate my ammo box!

post-17066-0-18764900-1351187927_thumb.jpg

well set all 8 traps last night and couldn't wait till this morning ,got in early hoping to see mice with there heads caved in !!!!!!!!!!!!

not one mouse ,and forgot to set traps tonight ,but will keep trying for the next 4 days !!!

trying bacon next ,and jam ,,,,,the ones he go might be on a diet lol

Try a bit of bacon and pierce the rind to hold it on. Either that or a bit of one of those fat balls you put out for the birds. You know, nuts held together with fat.

You could always stick a couple of strips of copper foil to the trap, bait it with something and wire it to the mains. The bait should remain intact and you could get fried mice with yer fried rice!! :good: