which moderator for my .222

colin lad

Theres the Swift Knightingale, which is a half "over barrel", it's 1/2" unf, alloy, and around the £150 mark or abit less.

I've read they are good and have one on my CZ 527 .204 Ruger, but in all honesty i haven't got around to trying it out yet.

thanks all for your replies was hoping you all came back with the same answer lol bur that would be too easy now i have even more to think about,

have booked it in to be screw cut monday at uk gun room (think thats the name) in northhamton he has a few mods there to look at

the screw cutting is £80 so have given myself a budget of £300 max so have 220 left but if i can get some change that would be nice if the dm80 is only 150 that may be worth a look,

will let you know when its done

colin

Theres the Swift Knightingale, which is a half "over barrel", it's 1/2" unf, alloy, and around the £150 mark or abit less.

I've read they are good and have one on my CZ 527 .204 Ruger, but in all honesty i haven't got around to trying it out yet.

Make sure you have your Ear defenders on when you shoot the .204 - even with a Mod on they "Crack" Somwhat !!!!

It damages the bluing on the barrel on the rifle and not as quiet as a end can

Oh Dear, an over barrel mod will only damage the barrel if it incorrectly fitted.

The whole point of them is good sound reduction and better rifle balance and handling compared to them sticking out a mile like an end can.

They work well. :yes::good:

well just got back from the gunsmiths gun now screw cut and a ase utra jet-z compact on it,

a bit more than i wanted to spend but feels great balance wise just hope it does a good job when i get out and use it roll on saturday as i am busy the rest of this week

thanks all for your input will let you know how i get on with it,

colin

gunsmith used was

uk gunworks

northhampton

great bloke very helpful