Transgender!!

ROY

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets have some education here: http://www.nhs.uk/co...troduction.aspx

http://www.independe...on-7815071.html

Nothing to do with 'turn ons' it is the result of deep seated impulses in the brain. Rare enough to only cost a tiny percentage of NHS budget and surgery is almost certainly cheaper than treating suicide attempts etc.

If this 'makes your blood boil' your claim to open-mindedness is mistaken at best.

Edited by guest1957

Lets have some education here: http://www.nhs.uk/co...troduction.aspx

http://www.independe...on-7815071.html

Nothing to do with 'turn ons' it is the result of deep seated impulses in the brain. Rare enough to only cost a tiny percentage of NHS budget and surgery is almost certainly cheaper than treating suicide attempts etc.

If this 'makes your blood boil' your claim to open-mindedness is mistaken at best.

If its that deep seated why has he or she or whatever had a change of mind. It didn't stop a suicide attempt.

If its that deep seated why has he or she or whatever had a change of mind. It didn't stop a suicide attempt.

Because we don't live in a perfect world with perfect diagnosis. There are however are large number of people who have had the procedure and have had their lives improved immeasurably as a result. Just because the approach hasn't prevented a suicide attempt in one case doesn't mean that many others haven't been prevented as a result of allowing those with this recognised and serious issue an option instead of facing the rest of their lives being trapped as someone they are not.

With a hard pushed NHS with services being closed down all the time yes damm right it makes my blood boil. I doubt it is a tiny percent of NHS budget when you consider the years of counselling etc they are supposed to have before undergoing gender reasignment as well as the surgeons wages and hormone treatment etc, and yes i am incredibly open minded if you disagree fine it no skin off my nose but we the taxpayer should see our money going elsewhere not to gender reasignment. Also consider what this will cost us for the reversal if that is at all possible!!

What makes your blood boil...transgenders or the amount spent?

The amount spent, if you want gender reasignment go for it good luck to you but i dont think it should be paid for by tax payers, It also shows that somewhere along the line the strict counselling etc has failed!

I have no problem with this..for a start i don't understand what that person is going through, and i have no medical expertise,

if this person has worked , than no doubt he/she has paid taxes...

this country often operates on people from other countries at our expense. without contributing to our country

We pay thousands a week to keep people who have committed crimes, in prison yet our old folk who become ill with illnesses such as altzhimers need to pay for their own care...now that makes my blood boil

I feel sorry for this person, he/she is obviously disturbed and has, apparently, been "dropped" by his/her family.

I do believe that the medical profession has rushed things and let him/her down.

I note that he/she has yet to have the full gender reassignment operation but has been working as a prostitute, the mind boggles!

Yes, I'm upset at the money wasted by the NHS but my feelings go out to him/her, whilst I can't even begin to understand what he/she may be feeling, there's one very unhappy human being who hasn't had the help he/she needs.

I feel sorry for this person, he/she is obviously disturbed and has, apparently, been "dropped" by his/her family.

I do believe that the medical profession has rushed things and let him/her down.

I note that he/she has yet to have the full gender reassignment operation but has been working as a prostitute, the mind boggles!

Yes, I'm upset at the money wasted by the NHS but my feelings go out to him/her, whilst I can't even begin to understand what he/she may be feeling, there's one very unhappy human being who hasn't had the help he/she needs.

Couldn't agree more, we all deserve to be happy.

The amount spent, if you want gender reasignment go for it good luck to you but i dont think it should be paid for by tax payers, It also shows that somewhere along the line the strict counselling etc has failed!

I have a friend that waited for two years in agony with a back problem before getting a operation. It irritates me when money is waisted on such unnecessary procedures.

What are your thoughts on the amount spent on those who drink too much and need medical attention, just the cuts bruises and stomach pumping-not the cancers and liver problems in later life, which I would wager comes to a much larger amount than the total for gender reassignments in the UK.

What are your thoughts on the amount spent on those who drink too much and need medical attention, just the cuts bruises and stomach pumping-not the cancers and liver problems in later life, which I would wager comes to a much larger amount than the total for gender reassignments in the UK.

I just think its a waste of money do all the ops they want after it all they are still a man. They are only kidding themselves people deserve treatment for medical conditions i don't see it as a medical condition.

I just think its a waste of money do all the ops they want after it all they are still a man. They are only kidding themselves people deserve treatment for medical conditions i don't see it as a medical condition.

Just because you don't see it as a medical condition doesn't mean it isn't. It simply means there is a gap in your medical knowledge.

I have a friend that waited for two years in agony with a back problem before getting a operation. It irritates me when money is waisted on such unnecessary procedures.

Ok so people with cancer can have a fortune spent on drugs to give them just a few months of life but it is wrong to spend money on people like this that could well save there lives as I see it she is suffering with depression.

like the old saying ,,,USE IT OR LOSE IT ,sorry but lots of tax payers money for a purvey who wants to be a girl but dont want to be a girl ,he should of stuck with wearing his sisters underwear ,we had one in are street and he/she/it was always nicking underwear from washing lines ,till we caught him ,it now has the full op and what a state ,sorry i got no time for these jimmy saliva type

like the old saying ,,,USE IT OR LOSE IT ,sorry but lots of tax payers money for a purvey who wants to be a girl but dont want to be a girl ,he should of stuck with wearing his sisters underwear ,we had one in are street and he/she/it was always nicking underwear from washing lines ,till we caught him ,it now has the full op and what a state ,sorry i got no time for these jimmy saliva type

You really haven't a clue