fiber glass insulation where to dispose of it?????

fruitloop

looked in to having the house done but thay keep insisting on just putting the dam fiber glass on top of what is already there.

but id rather put the recycled plastic bottle insulation in as there is no health issues with it and yes it has the same u value and it don't die like glass fiber.

Edited by fruitloop

no skips where im working at the minuet..

right ill get some gear together and pop to the tip with it thanks guys.

the stuff i want to replace it with is recycled plastic bottles and not the glass fiber stuff. i knw it a little moor exspencive but there is less helth risks and it dont go moldy and die ..

http://www.eco-wool.co.uk/

Do you have to be extra careful about putting it near light fittings ? I assume it is flammable.

You should leave 100mmm clearance all around any recessed light fittings, although the "fire-rated" downlights are all enclosed, so as long as you leave the top part (with the holes in) uncovered they will be fine. Better still change all GU10 halogen bulbs for 4-6w LED retrofit GU10 bulbs while you're at it, as they run much cooler :good:

Edited by SniperCWF