Please sign..SAS man jailed.

barrelsniffer

I read it all, the judge took steps at every stage to be lenient. They way I read it, the gun isn't so much the issue as all the ammunition he hoarded

I was in the forces and you gave a declaration after you had ammo even after patrols in Ireland we had to say ,I have no live rounds empty cases or pyrotechnics in my Possession sir, we knew the punishment if we had

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Typical British Justice, jail a true HERO, someone who is prepared to lay their life on the line in the line of duty and free a parasite who is prepared to sponge and take the **** out of the law abiding country. I hope Danny, you and your family are reunited for Christmas, at the latest, Please accept me and my families personal thanks for your commitment and service to this countries security.

David Cameron pull your finger out and get this hero back to his family and friends where he belongs.

P.S. Grow some B##ls n get rid of Qatada

Heard the news this morning - his case is to be debated in Parliament today - maybe we have helped but its good to see there is to be a review - can someone post the result ?

Cheers

Edit - added 'today'

Edited by Kes

what a joke and a waste of public money for a true piece of media propaganda. The judge did his job unless we are to say its fine for military personnel to hoard ammo and guns at home with no regard to safe keeping.............

But you forget he is a 'hero' and must be excused of everything...

what a joke and a waste of public money for a true piece of media propaganda. The judge did his job unless we are to say its fine for military personnel to hoard ammo and guns at home with no regard to safe keeping.............

What seems to be overlooked here is that the initial call saw the Police attend who in the circumstances declined to act. Military authorities then took over.

If the Police did nothing then why should he be in this position at all.

What seems to be overlooked here is that the initial call saw the Police attend who in the circumstances declined to act. Military authorities then took over.

If the Police did nothing then why should he be in this position at all.

because the military have an obligation to stop their people taking goodies home.

what about the 100 odd rounds of ammo, flares and his mate with the handgun and hand grenade?

The gun was also in a special carrier and in his wardrobe, ammo was in a clear case under the bed it doesn't quite add up to having no idea about their presence

Edited by al4x

what about the 100 odd rounds of ammo, flares and his mate with the handgun and hand grenade?

The gun was also in a special carrier and in his wardrobe, ammo was in a clear case under the bed it doesn't quite add up to having no idea about their presence

The gun was at a friends house I believe..according to the Tabloids but as with so many things in this day and age, picking out the wheat from the chaff is getting extremely difficult.

If you have time this is the write up of the court transcript, it has the facts and shows how much the media are missing out. The judge seems very fair and leaves the door open for him to remain in the army if he wants but the simple fact is despite some mitigating circumstances he obviously didn't believe it was completely innocent. It was a shared address his mate went down for 2 years for a similar gun more ammo and a hand grenade in the garage. He had a gun and plenty of ammo under the bed whether you are forces or not you can't leave guns and ammo about and take it home with you.

http://www.judiciary.gov.uk/Resources/JCO/Documents/Judgments/nightingale-proceedings-0607112012.pdf

If you have time this is the write up of the court transcript, it has the facts and shows how much the media are missing out. The judge seems very fair and leaves the door open for him to remain in the army if he wants but the simple fact is despite some mitigating circumstances he obviously didn't believe it was completely innocent. It was a shared address his mate went down for 2 years for a similar gun more ammo and a hand grenade in the garage. He had a gun and plenty of ammo under the bed whether you are forces or not you can't leave guns and ammo about and take it home with you.

http://www.judiciary...-0607112012.pdf

It's pretty simple - imagine living in a house and your next door neighbour - SAS/Army/Scouts or not tells you they have a gun - not for field sports - a military type gun, with lots of ammo - and in the case of his mate a hand grenade! - my mallet would be banging in the "FOR SALE" sign pretty fast....

Heard the news this morning - his case is to be debated in Parliament today - maybe we have helped but its good to see there is to be a review - can someone post the result ?

Cheers

Edit - added 'today'

Dismissed by the Attorney General in less than 40 minutes.

His reasoning was believed to be that the law must follow due process with appeals etc and it was not his place to circumvent those proceedings.

• 2 weeks later...

with the Leveson enquiry results out the media influences a trial and a criminal is out. Hopefully it doesn't pave the way for more of the armed forces to bring home their toys or sell them to blokes down the pub as it looks like the opinion is bring home what you like, store it inappropriately and its all fine.