Broken and dislocated toes

deputy dog

Not an happy bunny chaps. After getting up about 6am for work this morning,i went to walk down the stairs and slipped on the top stair.

Tried my best to stop myself falling down them but in the proccess i kicked my leg out to try an balance myself. And to a very painful shock ended

up stubbing my toes on the banister rails. Up the hospital about 7am this morning and ended up with 1 dislocated toe and 1 broken toe.

But i wasn't x rayed or didn't have my toes strapped up as i thought i would have. I asked why and all the nurse said is, they dont do that proccedure

for minor broken bones like toes any more, as it can cause more pain and discomfort, then it would be just leaving them as they are. All they done was treat the

toe with the break and ripped toe nail with a dressing an bit of tuby grip stuff an sent me on my way with a verbal instruction as what to do to help the healing proccess.

Now being a bin man i cant wear safety boots for a few weeks, so got to have a few weeks off work. But more gutting i cant go shooting for a few weeks

either. Aint even got a air rifle to do a bit of back yard plinking any more. So its feet up for me for a few weeks no doub, being bored out of my

skull trying to find things to keep me occupied.

Last time i fell down steps i broke my leg nearly 3 years ago. Now this time it was my toes on the stairs in my mothers house while minding the house.

I'm so glad i actually live in a flat, or goodness knows what else could happen.

DD

Edited by deputy dog

I hope that you are back on your feet again soon I remember some years ago we redecorated the landing and stairs and to make the place look a bit more modern we did away with the banister rails.

Some months later I was going down the stairs and I tripped and I put my had out but there was nothing to grab so I fell down the rest of the stairs landing in a heap at the bottom fortunately I was only shook up and bruised but I can sympathise with you it could so easily have been much worst I should add the banister rails went up as soon as I could get new ones.

They used to, for example, with broken fingers strap two fingers together to act as a splint.

So, try strapping your toe to your finger?

Lol funny. But honestly i thought they would strap them up myself. But according to the nurse all they do now as they have with me. Is treat the area affected and

thats that, no strapping up or tethering together for support. The reckon that treatment for broken toes as gone out the windows. As i causes more pain an discomfort

then leaving them alone to heal. All they said was, if i did have to walk around, put a stiff trainer shoe on to push them together for support. But she did recommend

i didn't walk around on it for a couple of week so they can rest had start the healing proccess. So lookis like a few boring weeks coming up.

DD

Edited by deputy dog

I posted a couple of years back on here about broken toes,I broke both my big toes ,after falling six feet off a ladder, and the number 1 (big one) metatarsel(spelling) in my left foot,so I can sympathise with you how painful it is,but when I went to the hospital I had xray's and they strapped thm up and put a cast on them,I had to hobble about on crutches and a plastic type shoe thingy,still managed to get out shooting after a couple of weeks,here's to a speedy recovery.

Jase.

I posted a couple of years back on here about broken toes,I broke both my big toes ,after falling six feet off a ladder, and the number 1 (big one) metatarsel(spelling) in my left foot,so I can sympathise with you how painful it is,but when I went to the hospital I had xray's and they strapped thm up and put a cast on them,I had to hobble about on crutches and a plastic type shoe thingy,still managed to get out shooting after a couple of weeks,here's to a speedy recovery.

Jase.

Big toes are a completely different, you can't walk with broken big toes.

My wife Mrs P on here had a op on both feet,a lot of toes broken and straightend with a pin in one,WHILST SHE WAS STILL AWAKE! She said you could hear the loud snap even though she was listening to music! :)

3 months to recover for each foot so I was her chauffeur for a while.

hope you recover quickly.

I know will sound well odd but you could tape it with plaster tape from a sports shop, that will give it extra support,tape lengthways along toe top and bottom and take tape off of a night. Then tape a small magnet to the toe. The osteoblasts that make new bony growth are activated by stress, that's why weight bearing activity cause more bone deposition and prevents osteoporosis. Twisting the bodies electromagnetic field will have the same effect and speed recovery by a few weeks. Not guess work, medical papers written on it. Honest.

Got to say my toes are still pretty numb around the affected area. Can walk a little with out anything on my foot, but as soon as put as muc]ch as a slipper on, the blasted

thing screams at me to take it off. So its more of the same this evening, pain killers an feet up as its still very swollen. Dreading it when they start to come back to life an the numbness wears off

a bit, got a funny feeling im not going to like it one bit. Boss aint to happy about me going on the sick, but things that cant be helped an all that comes into it. So they will just have to do with

out me for a few weeks now. But if i'm honest i'm looking forward to having a few lyins now this cold weather is setting in lol.

DD