Marks first fox with the Archer NV

eccles

Marks first of many i hope. :lol: ... with his new Archer. Shot at 155y with his tikka 22.250.

Must have been practicing a lot. :lol: :lol: Well done mate. See you up here for a crack at the Charlies very soon.

Enjoyed your company on your last visit. :drinks: ATB Bud Terry :good:

Mark, Bullet Boy

post-40804-0-59281200-1353013962_thumb.jpg

Edited by eccles

Well how about the story behind it Mark...and your thoughts on how the Archer performed,was it as you expected??

Come on,pray tell :drool:

Well guys i bought an Archer on the great advice of many of you on here and this quality bit of kit is gonna be devastating on the local Fox population especially with a lot of wily and Lamp shy Foxes!

Basicly i headed to my shooting permission to get used to shooting with the Archer as its obviously something totally new that ive never done before.

I had scanned a few fields with no sign of Charlie and kept walking to my favourite shooting area where i do see quite a lot of Foxes.

After about half an hour looking through the Archer i noticed Charlie stalking a few Rabbits quite a way out.I then got into prone position and couldnt find him in my scope.After about 10 mins i then spotted Charlie a lot closer to me than before- a couple of lip squeaks and i sent a 50gr V-Max bullet into his engine room.I ranged it at 155 yards.I can honestly say i dont think i would have had this particular Fox with a Lamp but they aint gonna get away from the Archer!

What a superb bit of kit this is.If you or your local Farmer has a Fox or Rabbit problem i'd highly recommend you look at this Gen 3 NV set-up!Ok its not cheap but you get what you pay for.

I've just added another string to my bow-the Archer!

Top job fella.How are you getting on with the Archer overall Mark,and does the length it comes back towards the eye make the shot awkward?

TBH Dave i havent had it long but im pretty sure i will clear up any Lamp Shy Foxes that ive encountered before.

As for the length it is a little awkward but i aim to get an extension Butt Pad to make the shot more comfortable.

It is a cracking bit of kit though!!

TBH Dave i havent had it long but im pretty sure i will clear up any Lamp Shy Foxes that ive encountered before.

As for the length it is a little awkward but i aim to get an extension Butt Pad to make the shot more comfortable.

It is a cracking bit of kit though!!

Nail a lump of 4x2 wood like i told you. :P:lol: :lol: :lol:

What's the mag length like on that with home load as I no some tikkas won't take much more than factory length rounds ??

I dont use home loads mate only factory made Norma 50gr V-Max bullets.

it sound a good bit of kit to have mark. well done i no you where getting exited about picking it up atb mate

Its Awesome Andy.Thanks mate.