Flintoff boxing tomorrow

pg123

Has anyone been following this? I don't have sky tv so haven't seen the show and at first put it down to just a star keeping in the limelight. Have been doing a bit of research on the net and have changed my opinion.

He has worked hard just to get a pro fight and I wish him well.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

total joke,,never boxed as an amateur,,trains and turns pro,,,,he,s in for a big shock for those of you who want to watch the fight ,,go to LSHUNTER on your laptop, the whole show will be on there,,hope he gets flattened, also they are saying this guy is unbeaten,,where :hmm: in mothercare probably

Edited by evo

the american is a foot shorter than him and two stone heavier,,just goes to show how fit he is,,the fight is a joke on the BBBC,s behalf and should never have been sanctioned,heavyweight boxing today is a farce,give me the welters or middles anyday over these fat bums

the american is a foot shorter than him and two stone heavier,,just goes to show how fit he is,,the fight is a joke on the BBBC,s behalf and should never have been sanctioned,heavyweight boxing today is a farce,give me the welters or middles anyday over these fat bums

HERE, HERE, well said that man, its a bum fight, wouldnt be surprised if Fred won. Its' still a joke I know a lot of Manchester fighters and they would die for an oppertunity like this, like myself they have been pugerists from the age of 9 ( I stopped at 25 i'm 39 now but still train)and have put all the road work and hours in the ring sparring etc. Along comes another celebrity and they get in the lime light straight away, which boxing board have approved this farce? Boxing is an art and you earn your bouts/titles they are not handed to you,

ATB Flynny

Whether its a last ditch attempt at reality tv or not you have to admire his dedication and commitment . He is giving his best

Good luck to him , I have been watching the show and will watch the fight . What ever the outcome it ain't gonna spoil his looks.

Edited by stokie

There does'nt seem much going on in the heavys really with the two klitchos at the top,although David Price is one to watch hes got all the right credentials to go a long way and a bit more polished than th Irish champ Tyson Furry, at least you can watch Furry on channel 5 rather than sky or boxnation,also Chris Eubank jnr is shaping up nicely alot of people dont like him but he will be good one day with the trainer he has and his dads money behind him.

HERE, HERE, well said that man, its a bum fight, wouldnt be surprised if Fred won. Its' still a joke I know a lot of Manchester fighters and they would die for an oppertunity like this, like myself they have been pugerists from the age of 9 ( I stopped at 25 i'm 39 now but still train)and have put all the road work and hours in the ring sparring etc. Along comes another celebrity and they get in the lime light straight away, which boxing board have approved this farce? Boxing is an art and you earn your bouts/titles they are not handed to you,

ATB Flynny

fancy packing in at 25 you were in ya prime then,,i started at 8 had first contest at ten,won first title at 27 and had last fight at 34,still train and train the lads but as you say its not like now 2fight and you get a title shot,wasnt like that in my day you had to beat the best to get a shot at a title,,oh the memories 100,s of miles of roadwork sparring,bagwork,and starvin yourself to make the weight even dehydrating for two days,got harder as ya got older tho :lol: :lol: :lol:

Frank Bruno vs Gerrie Coetzee all over again. Worst thing about these 'bum fights' (not to be confused with bun fights) is that you stock up on ice cold beers, fill the bowls with peanuts and Bombay mix, and the whole shebang's over before you've drained your first can!

Round 1 or 2??

fancy packing in at 25 you were in ya prime then,,i started at 8 had first contest at ten,won first title at 27 and had last fight at 34,still train and train the lads but as you say its not like now 2fight and you get a title shot,wasnt like that in my day you had to beat the best to get a shot at a title,,oh the memories 100,s of miles of roadwork sparring,bagwork,and starvin yourself to make the weight even dehydrating for two days,got harder as ya got older tho :lol: :lol: :lol:

Didn't want to stop mate but was working all over the country (self employed joiner) so couldn't put the hours in, then the kids came along(enough said ha ha ) you are not wrong bout it getting harder as you get older ha ha , I just do a bit of pad and bag work now to keep the belly in check ha ha

atb Flynny

I know that I demonstrate a fine figure of a "pigeonwatch physque" but am i the only one that considers a "heavyweight " a little bit of an odd term for a man weighing only 15 stone!

Boxing seems to have got so much about technique and so little about hitting hard, and having the mental strength to soak up the punishment and keep coming forward. I have wondered if the business of trying to score points rather than hit hard in the amateur game is to blame ?

I know that I demonstrate a fine figure of a "pigeonwatch physque" but am i the only one that considers a "heavyweight " a little bit of an odd term for a man weighing only 15 stone!

Boxing seems to have got so much about technique and so little about hitting hard, and having the mental strength to soak up the punishment and keep coming forward. I have wondered if the business of trying to score points rather than hit hard in the amateur game is to blame ?

No offence but you cant have watched amateur boxing, the amateurs I have watched over the years give it there all, ok they have the head guards but the lads give it there all and will still hit hard and try to KO the other opponant , it is a full contact sport old bean, I would rather watch the amateurs as they are fast and put on a proper show, Jeeeees they knock the **** out of each other, proper entertaining. As for mental strength you tell that to a young lad who is crying thru frustation not thru getting hurt but thru not being able to hurt a better opponant , the lad will still get in the ring on a different day. I know this as will EVO who has been there and done it,

As said no offence but you get in the ring whilst the butterflies are floating bout in your gut, then you can come back and spout bout points and mental strenght etc, PS All PRO'S WERE ABA LEVEL ONCE, ( Well apart from Flintoff that is)

ATB

Flynny

ATB Flynny.

Edited by flynny