Live rats

.philmypower.

I could set traps rob but wouldn't be able to check them every night. Planning some ratting over Xmas and a few of the terriers are new to it so thought a few live ones would give them a head start. Infact it's only my dog that's done any ratting. There's 5 dogs going

if the dogs are any good then i would have thought ratting should be instinctive,

andrew

Very much check your legalities on this one!!

Allowing animals to kill live animals is restricted in the UK, often allowed for people that keep reptiles which will not accept dead food offerings but dont think your case would be acceptable under the 'without causing unnecessary suffering' laws.

Lol the mind boggles, even rats have rights in the eyes of an anti. Mix the new dogs with the old pal they will soon get the feel for it.

All the best

Karpman

I hope that I am not (once again, yawn) being accused of being an anti LOL

Totally illegal once a rat is trapped you are obliged to humanelly kill it that does not entail releasing it for terriers to kill. This is an open site so be careful what you post. Terriers do not normally have any hesitation in Killing ,catching or hunting rats a couple of near misses in the open or a hedgerow just gives them the I must try harder call.Pm me if you want any additional info there is at least one terrier club in N. Wales they may let you have a go.

Totally illegal once a rat is trapped you are obliged to humanelly kill it that does not entail releasing it for terriers to kill. This is an open site so be careful what you post. Terriers do not normally have any hesitation in Killing ,catching or hunting rats a couple of near misses in the open or a hedgerow just gives them the I must try harder call.Pm me if you want any additional info there is at least one terrier club in N. Wales they may let you have a go.

It's a bit crazy how they won't let dogs get em, a rat has to be humanly killed is fair enough, if I were said beastie, I'd rather a dog get me and break my neck in a split secon that be poisoned with a anti blood clotting system that makes you die in up to 36 hours, blending and dying slowly..... Hummmmmm humane huh

It's a bit crazy how they won't let dogs get em, a rat has to be humanly killed is fair enough, if I were said beastie, I'd rather a dog get me and break my neck in a split secon that be poisoned with a anti blood clotting system that makes you die in up to 36 hours, blending and dying slowly..... Hummmmmm humane huh

your quoting is all WRONG, its perfectly ok to let terriers take rats, its illegal to live trap them and then throw them to the dogs, poisons have moved on since gen1, it may have been true back then, but not now

your quoting is all WRONG, its perfectly ok to let terriers take rats, its illegal to live trap them and then throw them to the dogs, poisons have moved on since gen1, it may have been true back then, but not now

For those interested, there was an article in the most recent NGO magazine about rats and anticoagulant resistance mutation that is developing in the population. Scientists at Reading University are after rats (dead) in the area between Oxford, Southampton, Dover and Cambridge. you call them up, and they tell you how to go about it all and give you vials to collect the samples

As to the question, it's illegal to relocate pest/non indigenous species without a license. I suspect this would go even if you were planning to have them killed immediately...