CPSA try to stop practice of binning cards at registered shoots

southrop

Yes I agree seen this plenty of times over the years when top shooters are doing the rounds when they have not hit scores to win they will leave ground without putting in card or also will not shoot the rest of the stands when they know when they are not going to a winning score.So they are off to the next shoot close by to see if they can win some money there.Great fun when you are getting paid to shoot and when prize money is beer tokens.

Yes I agree seen this plenty of times over the years when top shooters are doing the rounds when they have not hit scores to win they will leave ground without putting in card or also will not shoot the rest of the stands when they know when they are not going to a winning score.So they are off to the next shoot close by to see if they can win some money there.Great fun when you are getting paid to shoot and when prize money is beer tokens.

So the grounds you've been to don't use master scorecards..?

They should do if they're running CPSA Registered shoots.

Don't knock those guys who've put in the time and effort to become top class shots and earn sponsorship, it's not against the law, nor is it immoral to shoot 3 or 4 shoots in one day.

Cat.

Cat - if they are not registered shoots - I don't have a problem with that. Good luck to them.

Some years ago I witnessed a top shot scrubbing his score at a 100 bird registered Skeet event - Hesketh Bank. That shooter is still at the top. It's called fiddling their average. Whilst it might not be illegal, it's pathetic.

Cat - if they are not registered shoots - I don't have a problem with that. Good luck to them.

Some years ago I witnessed a top shot scrubbing his score at a 100 bird registered Skeet event - Hesketh Bank. That shooter is still at the top. It's called fiddling their average. Whilst it might not be illegal, it's pathetic.

I can't see how anyone can bin their card at a Reg Skeet shoot, you never get to touch it as you shoot in squads and the scorer keeps all the scores on the one card..?

I think there's more of a problem with guys in "B" & "C" class deliberately shooting low scores in order to keep themselves in their artificially low class, they're the real scoundrels in the clay shooting game, not the top guys.

Cat.

Cat - he didn't tear up the card. He missed two out of the first 25 and instructed the scorer to tell Graham Taylor - who ran the ground - to scrub his entry.

I didn't hear this from a friend - I witnessed it first hand.

Edited by Gordon R

if the shoot was registered, he would only be aloud one card anyway. So how did he get three. And its choice of the shooter if he requires to pull out. And the score card would still go into the club house for scoring, and the master card the ref has, if it was sporting would be marked to. they club can still send the score to the cpsa but hey dont bother so why is the cpsa to blam.

Are the people your refer to are known as sandbagers. What is wrong that most of the year i have to shoot against AAA shooters in AA class as there not enough of them to have ther own class a normal registered shoots. These guys shoot six days a week and i only a weekends. where do they get the money from (sponsors)

i agree , how is it fair that a average aa shooter who may shoot once a week or once a month be classed with a sponsored shooter who doesnt stop pulling the trigger , cant see how that is a fair system , also if a shooter has an average of say 90 percent over 5000 targets and the shooter above him has a average of 90,1 over 300 targets does this mean that the latter is a more consistent shooter

i agree , how is it fair that a average aa shooter who may shoot once a week or once a month be classed with a sponsored shooter who doesnt stop pulling the trigger , cant see how that is a fair system , also if a shooter has an average of say 90 percent over 5000 targets and the shooter above him has a average of 90,1 over 300 targets does this mean that the latter is a more consistent shooter

No, it means that the first guy is the better shot in my opinion,

90% over 5000 targets is a far better average than 90,1% over 300 targets

It shouldnt matter if the shooter is sponsored or not, they still have to hit the clays and put the work in....

Friend of mine is a sponsored shooter but still holds down a job albeit self employed, so if he doesnt work he doesnt earn,

Its his shooting that is sponsored not his lifestyle

:shaun:

Edited by shaun4860