clay trap plans wanted

Mr Rizzini

Hi all

Im looking to make a simple clay trap that will throw clays one at a time in a consistent crossing fashion so I can practise over and over again on the same type of target. I already have a hand thrower but every clay goes in a different direction and I find it not reliable in providing a steady target everytime. I know there are cheap traps about on ebay etc but at the minute they are still expensive to me and if anyone has any plans for a basic unit or perhaps a traps lying around that they are willing to post I would be very greatful.

cheers all.

• 1 month later...

I have one almost identical to the one in the link, £40 had it years and never gone wrong. Throws single or double clays a good distance and is adjustable for speed and trajectory. The only improvement I made was to weld a stronger frame up with bigger spikes so it can be sledgehammered into hard dry ground

Mr Rizzini, I dont live too far from you mate, I think I was speaking to you on the phone. If you want I have a trap but nowhere to shoot it. We could meet up and have a rattle if you want.

hey joe, haven't forgot about you mate, Had loads of things going on mate but hopefully will be hitting some rabbits one of these days if i can get the car off the woman.

I dont think there was enough snow to fill them potholes lol got the 425 but could use a 3/4 and skeet choke (invector) as they are missing.

The road has been snow ploughed, but I havent tried his lane yet! Maybe the snow has levelled out a few of the potholes!

You got the browning then.........

I dont think there was enough snow to fill them potholes lol got the 425 but could use a 3/4 and skeet choke (invector) as they are missing.

Keep your eyes out on this forum. They do come up (although invector plus is more common).

If it was me, I wouldnt worry about the three quarters. Half and full is fine for most situations apart from skeet - I was shooting quarter and skeet today.

I was up at RJs today for a blatter. The lane is no better ...

Edited by Big Al

Keep your eyes out on this forum. They do come up (although invector plus is more common).

If it was me, I wouldnt worry about the three quarters. Half and full is fine for most situations apart from skeet - I was shooting quarter and skeet today.

I was up at RJs today for a blatter. The lane is no better ...

I wouldn't think the lane would be much better lol, I shall be at RJ's on friday if you fancy another blatter :)

Where is RJ's boys? I wouldn't mind a visit myself sometime.

Its full title is Ballycarrickmaddy Shooting School. Its a very small operation just outside Lisburn. Friends and aquaintances can shoot on Wed and Fri afternoons - but the best way to get in there is to take a lesson or two with him.