Pump Club

thepasty

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Am now at a stage where all 5 spaces are taken in my 5gun cabinet....... Just got to convince the Mrs that we need a bigger safe as she shares facilities also :) Not sure what luck i will have though. hame as theres a nice cheap 870 also on here for sale that I would very much of liked !

Silly question....... Can you have to many pump actions (IE: a Mossberg, 870, and a Winchester) ? or am i being greedy :)

Has anyone brought a shorter 870 barrel? I know they do 18 in bit do they do 24? For SGC

Mine has I touch of corrosion in the loud end I'm worried about, might chop it down....

Mossberg make a 24" barrel for the Remington 870.

http://www.midwayuk.com/Mossberg-Barrel-Remington-870-Special-Purpose-12-Gauge-3-24-Cylinder-Bore-with-Rifle-Sights-Matte

Good morning all,

I have read this post with great interest and currently shoot a Supernova in a 3 shot format.

I have seen Practical shotgun shooting before but not had the opertuinity to shoot this discipline so this leads me onto my question.

With the supernova is it possible, in legal terms not mechanical, to remove the crimped magazine tube and fit a new 5 shot tube and get the shotgun transferred onto a firearm certificate or would I be better selling this and purchasing a FAC pump?

Your thoughts would be much appreciated.

Ash

Thanks Neil,

The pump thread especially on page nine, Four4island photos, defiantly got me thinking more about this. I have made enquires to the Romsey Shooting club for membership as this is local to me.

To change the mag tube I agree is quite straight forward but do you know if the transfer from S2 to S1is an easy process in regards to the paperwork (in the eyes of the law)?

Thanks again.

Thanks Neil,

The pump thread especially on page nine, Four4island photos, defiantly got me thinking more about this. I have made enquires to the Romsey Shooting club for membership as this is local to me.

To change the mag tube I agree is quite straight forward but do you know if the transfer from S2 to S1is an easy process in regards to the paperwork (in the eyes of the law)?

Thanks again.

Certainly.

You get the authority to posses a S1 gun before doing the conversion, once you have that in place, you then convert the gun & write a letter to your firearms department telling them what you have done, you fill in the section of your FAC that relates to the gun you have "acquired" & send in both your shotgun cert & FAC for amendment along with the covering letter.

Simple.

N

well i finally got to shoot my mossy today oh what a joy it was too only fired three carts as the place was waterlogged so i will leave it to dry out a bit before i go back there was loads of pigeons but they all flew soon as i came into there view but always next time

how at you getting on for looking for a replacement barrell ?

well i finally got to shoot my mossy today oh what a joy it was too only fired three carts as the place was waterlogged so i will leave it to dry out a bit before i go back there was loads of pigeons but they all flew soon as i came into there view but always next time

pics!!