Welsh Game Fair. June 15th-16th Carmarthen.

steve_b_wales

I think it's been mentioned before, but who intends going to the above gamefair? It's being held, for the second time, at the County Showground in Carmarthen. Last year, as those who attended on the Saturday can testify, was a washout, with heavy rain. Hopefully this year, we'll get some dry weather.

I'm going, probably on the Saturday. Perhaps a meet up of PW members can be arranged again?

Steve.

http://www.welshgamefair.com/

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll wait and see, personally (and i am really sorry to say this as i have been a staunch supporter of this fair over the years), i really thought it was a waste of time and money l;ast year, so perhaps will save up my pennies and visit the Midland instead. However i never say never and i may change my mind, subject to stalls, attractions entry price, and of course the big one, weather!

Tight Lines

Aled

We'll wait and see, personally (and i am really sorry to say this as i have been a staunch supporter of this fair over the years), i really thought it was a waste of time and money l;ast year, so perhaps will save up my pennies and visit the Midland instead. However i never say never and i may change my mind, subject to stalls, attractions entry price, and of course the big one, weather!

Tight Lines

Aled

To be honest, I go just for a day out. It's not what I buy there. And, I preferred it when it was held at Gelli Aur, Llandeilo, although I understand why it's not held there this year/last year.

The weather does play the most important part,and hopefully, it will stay dry and warm.

Last year, I was told by someone who is on the gamefair committee, that there would be at least four 'big name' RFD's there, but the forecasted weather put them off. As much as I like Gelli Aur, the showground would be more suitable for traders, owing to the ground having a lot of hardstands.

I'm trying to contact said committee member to find out about this year, but so far, have failed to speak to him.

Well made point there Steve b, if there are better stands this year may well attend!

Cheers

Aled

I was told by the 'committee member' that a lot of shooting related companies would not come to the Gelli Aur ground, owing to it being 'soft' and the history of people/vehicles being bogged down if there's bad weather.Also, the charge for them to trade there was expensive for what they were offered. As the County Showground is 99% hard (tarmac/concrete) he stated that the bigger RFD companies preffered this type of ground.Plus, the cost to them is cheaper than that in Gelli Aur. It was only the forecasted bad weather that stopped some of them attending last year.

• 2 months later...

Too car boot ish didn't go last year went when it was at llandeilo and enjoyed it. If weather is good and there is a decent clay shoot I might be tempted but as its Father's Day I'll probably go see my old man instead.

• 3 weeks later...

Further to my original post, is there anyone else who intends on visiting this gamefair? I can only go on the Saturday (15th) due to work commitments, but hope that I will be able to meet up with other PW members. :good:

I am hoping to get there for saturday again this year. :good:

Maybe those that complained about stonleigh should come down for a look to see what there really is need for complaints.....!!

I can't understand why people complained about Stoneleigh Park-I thought it was fantastic!!

As for the Welsh Game Fair I hope to be there but all depends on the Weather-it was bad last year whch spoilt it a bit but was good to meet other fellow PW Members!

As for the Welsh Game Fair I hope to be there but all depends on the Weather-it was bad last year whch spoilt it a bit but was good to meet other fellow PW Members!

And if its not lashing it down this year you may be able to see our faces,which were buried under hats with collars pulled up,i was the tall fat one by the way :lol::lol::good: