ex army kit

Only ever had the DPM jackets, and I can't say any of them have worn that badly. In fact, I wasn't aware that they had a habit of wearing badly at all!

The wearing thin thing will apply to anyone wearing it day in day out,like serving soldiers etc,not the occasional wearer,and its mainly the trousers :good: BB

That's why its called windows 95,it wears that thin you can see through it :yes: especially between the legs,thankfully the MTP is reinforced in that area :good: BB

Now that is one of the good things about the new stuff and all the buttons are covered, no more getting stuck in cam nets. The fleece lined pockets in the smock are pretty good too

Now that is one of the good things about the new stuff and all the buttons are covered, no more getting stuck in cam nets. The fleece lined pockets in the smock are pretty good too

Yes it would appear that someone involved in the design of the new jackets has actually listened to people who use the stuff! :yes:

I removed the pocket from the right breast and the pockets at the top of both arms. That makes them a much better jacket to shoot from! :good:

German Flecktarn for me... I have the parka that came with a liner, without liner its fine for anything and if it start to get a bit chilly whack the liner on and you';re toasty.

I've also been wearing Swiss Alpenflage with the white marking coloured in with permanent marker and found it effective.

I also have an Austrian M65 jacket thats excellent quality and a good all rounder.

others are Belgian M88 jacket (so so), itallian nato 1976 jacket (a great light weight for the summer).

I've used old sniper vails as make shift hide netting (did it today infact).

My fav of the bunch is my old school vintage swedish M39 rucksack, everthing goes in it with space to spare and because of its thin leather straps you can still shoot with it on your back.

Swedish_m39_rucksack_unisssued.jpg

All cheap, great quality and very usable... bar the M88 as the sleeves are too short :)

That's why its called windows 95,it wears that thin you can see through it :yes: especially between the legs,thankfully the MTP is reinforced in that area :good: BB

I know why its called windows 95 I was just stating this again for people that dont wear it as much as i did ie day in day out, the lightweights green shirt and jumper still looked better.

the mtp not being tucked in makes the lads look like yanks and scruffy,

I know I get issued it :good: But I doubt theres much MTP on the seconds market yet :hmm: BB

Snap! Great stuff! I personally like the goretex bivvy sheet for on the wet days. Te cold weather stuff bests my north face nuptse jacket hands down.

You cant beat the stuff i look every where for the old 3/4 lined trouser as i am onto my last pair now i bought a pair of oliv green over trousers this morning fron car boot like new i like these for sat in high seat or the hide nice and warm. But i do like the look of the new issued stuff and would"t mind getting my hands on some :whistling:

pc1

You cant beat the stuff i look every where for the old 3/4 lined trouser as i am onto my last pair now i bought a pair of oliv green over trousers this morning fron car boot like new i like these for sat in high seat or the hide nice and warm. But i do like the look of the new issued stuff and would"t mind getting my hands on some :whistling:

pc1

Here you go the 3/4 lined Dpm trousers are 85 pattern and the full lined dpm are 66 pattern,just look under army surplus section

Hope this helps

atb Den

http://www.surplusandoutdoors.com/