Dog theft

Dave 111

Alright folks.

This is relevant to alot of us, Aparrently dogs are being stolen around the Goole east yorkshire and the surrounding areas the dogs are being used for dog baiting for fighting breeds to practice on. Look out for stickers left on gates and doors to mark where dogs are.Apparently a red sticker is for large dogs yellow for medium and pink for small dogs. I come from the Doncaster area origianally not far from Goole and have heard this second hand so dont know if its completely correct but if it is true its absolutely disgusting and we all need to be aware.

Hang on a miute pal dogs do get stolen for dog baiting. I dont know where you live but i come from a scummy village originally where dog fighting and cock fighting happen as a regular occurance. Dogs get stolen for other breeds to practice on . i only but the post on so folks can keep there eye out you dont have to pay no mind.

A gipsy lad on my area was arrested few years back for dog baiting, it does happen.

They used to dump the half dead dog that lost on countryside properties during the night for other people to deal with.

Can not comment on the stickers though, but thanks for the heads up.

Working Springers are a favourite because they don't give up easily like many domestic breeds.

Marking the house is a common thing with travellers. They use it to identify houses to others. They pay an innocent visit to see if you want your drive done and it your they type of person they can do a distraction burglary on they use various methods to identify the address to other travellers.

That would be ok if the mentality of the people envolved knew any difference. What needs altering is the upbringing of of those concerned.

correct, if we are ever to get to grips with this issue. Try getting compulsory sterilisation past human rights act though!

Working Springers are a favourite because they don't give up easily like many domestic breeds.

Marking the house is a common thing with travellers. They use it to identify houses to others. They pay an innocent visit to see if you want your drive done and it your they type of person they can do a distraction burglary on they use various methods to identify the address to other travellers.

The whole target reccy is certainly spot on but although some traveling people do this so do a lot of other scum bags, I recon I get 50/50. Travelers have always dealt with farms and rural properties and it goes back many generations from seasonal labour, a guy calling with " the wrong dialect" don't label him a thief- if their eyes are all over the place and I get a poor story then I get suspicious and the word goes out. I find making the right impression helps- we had a lot of issues when we first got this place 4 yrs back as there was an old girl here alone

Wasn't there a police raid in Telford a couple or three weeks back on a traveller site and they recovered something daft like 40+ dogs

put it into perspective what if a whole council estate in a city was raided. How many banned breeds and people who could prove dog ownership would that yield? difference is try and get a warrant for a full street let alone a whole estate

Gundogs do not get stolen to train fighting dogs they get stolen to breed or to sell on.As a urban myth it is second only to my mates mothers best mates sisters cousins best mates wife found a dogs microchip in her Chinese. Ripped to shreds!, half dead!, lines straight out of the sun or daily star and as for "springers don't give up as easily. Oh god. But the reason they are stolen is secondary to the fact they are stolen in the first place. You don't feel any worse whatever the reason. They are scum who steal dogs wether travellers or local knob heads.

Gundogs do not get stolen to train fighting dogs they get stolen to breed or to sell on.As a urban myth it is second only to my mates mothers best mates sisters cousins best mates wife found a dogs microchip in her Chinese. Ripped to shreds!, half dead!, lines straight out of the sun or daily star and as for "springers don't give up as easily. Oh god. But the reason they are stolen is secondary to the fact they are stolen in the first place. You don't feel any worse whatever the reason. They are scum who steal dogs wether travellers or local knob heads.

I think I know that girl!

Withouut sounding stupid but how do these people steal dog's anyway?

My dogs are big soft lumps with a great temperment yet i wouldn't fancy my chances if i was a stranger going up to the kennels and taking them out in the middle off the nite or even throu the day for that matter, they would certainly bark the place down. Same if i go to a mates place all fine and well when he's there and u know the dog but i would not really fancy going round on my lonesome even knowing the dog and certainly not late at nite.

As for the dog baiting i have no idea, but there are some people who are a waste of skin so it would not surprise me, althou i doubt it is that common either