Pigeon Decoying available (FREE) near Stamford

Having joined Pigeon Watch last summer I realised that there were a lot of keen pigeon shooters out there who got out very rarely. All sorts of factors came into play, noticably time constraints, work and family etc.

I am lucky to have a lot of land to shoot over and I decided to take some PW members out this winter and spring. There were always pigeons where I took the PW members but I still had the heebeegeebees about seeing a few decoy and provide sport for those less fortunate. We had bags of 93, 87, 67 and 62 but I still felt under pressure. Numbers are never a certainty.

Good for you Tightchoke.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having joined Pigeon Watch last summer I realised that there were a lot of keen pigeon shooters out there who got out very rarely. All sorts of factors came into play, noticably time constraints, work and family etc.

I am lucky to have a lot of land to shoot over and I decided to take some PW members out this winter and spring. There were always pigeons where I took the PW members but I still had the heebeegeebees about seeing a few decoy and provide sport for those less fortunate. We had bags of 93, 87, 67 and 62 but I still felt under pressure. Numbers are never a certainty.

Good for you Tightchoke.

I enjoy the company, I learn new ways of doing things and I can get people out shooting.

Hopefully some of them go away having learned something too.

I will move them to get the birds working and because I am on the ground regularly the reconnaissance has been done.

I give no guarantees, but try to get them in position to shoot some good birds. Hoping for some good bags when the warmer weather arrives!

I will say though that some that I have hosted would struggle to hit a cows hind quarters with a banjo!

I don't charge but gratefully accept donations to the HELP for HEROES Charity, oh and the occaisional cod fillet!

Thanks for your concern Motty, I have 7 farms covering 3500 acres within 20 miles of Stamford.

So not seeming to be a problem at the moment and several of the shooters are offering me days on their permissions that will allow mine to recover.

Again, thanks for your concern JDog.

It would be nice to think that more of the established shooters would make a similar offer to the new shooters in their area.

I have introduced about 3 friends to shooting and have taken them out and about on my land. I am reluctant to take complete strangers out as i know of the problems that can arise. If i thought i could take some people out and have no repercussions, i may do it. I have over 10000 acres to go at, and i want to keep it that way.

Having said that, i did take a chap out from this site about 3 years ago. We shot 71 on peas. Strangely, i haven't heard from him since that day.

Can't wait till the 31st! - Ill bring my banjo!

Marvellous, made me chuckle, makes me think of Deliverance! :good:

I have introduced about 3 friends to shooting and have taken them out and about on my land. I am reluctant to take complete strangers out as i know of the problems that can arise. If i thought i could take some people out and have no repercussions, i may do it. I have over 10000 acres to go at, and i want to keep it that way.

Having said that, i did take a chap out from this site about 3 years ago. We shot 71 on peas. Strangely, i haven't heard from him since that day.

I hope he thanked you properly!

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE

• 1 month later...