derek

biketestace

I couldn't get past the first episode. I just didn't find it funny. It may have got hilarious after the 1st episode mind you.

Same here. I enjoyed The Office and Extras but all the rest has been cack.

The Office was great. Anyone who says that they didn't like it have never worked in an office. I have worked with all the characters from it in the past.

I actually wanted to like "Derek" but I thought it was rubbish.

See I haven't liked much of what Ricky has done in the past other than his stand ups cos there different to anything else and idiot abroad all be it mainly Karl pilkington however Derek has been a fantastic series made me laugh and cry the last episode was a real testament to hope good a guy Derek was

Any one who thinks he's taking the **** out of disabled people are sadly mistaken if anything he highlights the best parts of disabled people they may act different and look different but they still have a heart and a personality that rivals the best off us.

Good work Ricky

Edited by miniross

I've not like much of Ricky Gervais' previous stuff, too cringing and painful to really find funny, but I really enjoyed Derek. I wouldn't have watched it normally, but my fishing buddy's daughter, Kerry, had a leading role in it, so I was intrigued to see how she did. I also loved the idiot abroad series, but not the bits with Gervais in. Carl Pilkington is very watchable.