Windsock pigeon decoy

Ron L

If you go to the Shootwarehouse link at the top of the page and visit their store, you will see some windsock decoys. :ernyha:

I had never scrolled to the bottom of the list to discover the windsocks for pigeons. Thanks for pointing that out!

Has anyone tried using windsock pigeon decoys and what were the results?

We have had good luck decoying geese but I am looking for a pigeon decoy that would collapse for traveling on a plane.

Thanks again.

Ron L

RonL...a visitor from Mars??? :drinks: where you do your bed time reading then?

I live in the USA (North Carolina). We have little pigeon shooting around here but I do occasionally travel to Argentina for wingshooting but it is mostly pass shooting. I am interested in trying to decoy the pigeons. I am wanting to make up a "pigeon decoying kit" that would travel with me when I fly.

Ron L

Ive just ordered 10.............if they are ****. you can have them at cost...............

You wont be saying that once you try them. Theyre a bit weird to look at at first, but one thing that was VERY noticeable on my trials of these decoys is that the Pigeons were more interested in the Sillosocks than a Magnet. I know I sell 'em but.......thats how it is. If they werent any good (which I initially thought they would be! ) we wouldnt sell 'em.

I'll post some pics soon of some tidy bags weve had using these.

Ive just ordered 10.............if they are ****. you can have them at cost...............

You wont be saying that once you try them. Theyre a bit weird to look at at first, but one thing that was VERY noticeable on my trials of these decoys is that the Pigeons were more interested in the Sillosocks than a Magnet. I know I sell 'em but.......thats how it is. If they werent any good (which I initially thought they would be! ) we wouldnt sell 'em.

Well I just ordered 10 today Will................spoke with Mark I think..........should be here in next couple of days.....

Then I just need to find some birds..............

will your hide poles i bought from you are great fantastic even

but i know grey plastic guttering cut into the lenth of a pigeon and a dash of white paint in the rite bits

will bring in the pigeons in

hope you sell loads to the silly minded folk who would like to believe that these will instantly bring birds in

we all know deep down you have to look look then look again watch flight lines, at the end of the day your decoys can be great but if theres no birds you wont shoot anything

i think all this patter on decoying has gon daft and i know its all to do with field craft and listening to people who live and work in the country side they know where the birds are working etc

good luck on selling yet another decoying thingy

cheers kirky

will your hide poles i bought from you are great fantastic even

but i know grey plastic guttering cut into the lenth of a pigeon and a dash of white paint in the rite bits

will bring in the pigeons in

hope you sell loads to the silly minded folk who would like to believe that these will instantly bring birds in

we all know deep down you have to look look then look again watch flight lines, at the end of the day your decoys can be great but if theres no birds you wont shoot anything

i think all this patter on decoying has gon daft and i know its all to do with field craft and listening to people who live and work in the country side they know where the birds are working etc

good luck on selling yet another decoying thingy

cheers kirky

Whilst I wouldn't disagree that fieldcraft is probably the most important factor in successful pigeon shooting, we can't ignore the developments in decoying equipment.

I was one of those who, when first seeing a rotary device (it was a Magnet), said that will scare the birds, not attract them.

How right was I ? :ernyha:

I was talking to a friend this afternoon on the phone (he was in Scotland) and he has a few of the goose versions.

He said they look strange against traditional decoys, but they look very lifelike (with movement) from a distance.

"Very, very impressed", was his comment.

Yep, the Sillosocks DO look kinda weird, and this was my initial feeling.......I was convinced the Pigeons wouldnt work. That was until I tried them. I think its the slighly different colouring of the decoy due to the special Ultra Violet enhancing paints that makes them look weird to US, however they must look just right to the Pigeons as they seem to be piling in to them, even in these tough conditions with so many acorns about we're still getting decent bags. Godsend!

Lancslad

When you get em. When and where are you going to test em! Oh, and has your new shooting gear arrived yet?

webber

you on about my L'shark shell suit mate.......

wife said that I cant have it till xmas..............she hasnt ordered it yet...

Just checked the weather patern for tomorrow, light rain with a bit of wind...........so, fingers crossed.

Going to go over to freds, set up on winter barley field that is "grassy" near some oak trees....

Ill take the magnet and everything else with me..........you working tomorrow???

Lancslad.

I'll start looking for a new syndicte when my shooting times arives. A shell suited, hill billy beater just wont cut it with some of the chaps. I did indicate that you were under the thumb, I think that you just proved it!

I'm up to my eyeballs at work. We had an arson attack last night, which is serious stuff on a gas plant, so much as I would like to excersise my bosses perogitive, it wouldn't be appropriate at the moment.

I'm really looking forward to Saturday.

webber

was waiting in for mine to arrive today, but order got botched.

Just spoke to a lovely lady over at SW who has redone me order and hopefuly they should be here tomorrow morning..

Thats a pint or two that Matt owes me Will................

Oooh dear, brownie points deducted for Matt and given to Sarah then!!!

Is that her name.......................can you tell her Im in luuuuuuurrrve.................she sounds really nice over the phone..... :good::lol::lol:;):)

Lancslad.

I'll start looking for a new syndicte when my shooting times arives. A shell suited, hill billy beater just wont cut it with some of the chaps. I did indicate that you were under the thumb, I think that you just proved it!

I'm up to my eyeballs at work. We had an arson attack last night, which is serious stuff on a gas plant, so much as I would like to excersise my bosses perogitive, it wouldn't be appropriate at the moment.

webber

Me too..............

Arson............well at least it was you lot instead of all of my cars going up in smoke.......

just how gutted will you be when I turn up in my warriors top.............

Im off shooting tomorrow........and friday...............poss saturday.........

Just spoke to a lovely lady over at SW who has redone me order and hopefuly they should be here tomorrow morning..

Is that her name.......................can you tell her Im in luuuuuuurrrve.................she sounds really nice over the phone..... :good::lol::lol:;):)

Lancslad.

webber

Me too..............

Arson............well at least it was you lot instead of all of my cars going up in smoke.......

Lancs Lad

Lucky you. Do you own the yard at Skem or just buy your cars there?

Am I looking for another beater for Saturday?

webber

Lancslad.

webber

Me too..............

Lancs Lad

Lucky you. Do you own the yard at Skem or just buy your cars there?

Am I looking for another beater for Saturday?

webber

we have an office at Karl Vellas in skem.........

anyway.......going off topic................

Im currently sat here with gun on table, gear ready, waiting for the bloody courrier to turn up........He had better be here before 10am as the wife has told me that I MUST pick mini me up today,,,,so that means shooting will have to finish by 2.30, pack up by 3....on way to school for 3.30............

its 9 oclock and Im still here.............seen some birds flying around on my permission just over the road.......

Finger tapping........Toe tapping..........

Bang goes my idea of going down to the big fields, by the time I get there and set up it wont be worth it......

Not a happy teddy bear...... :good:

bet they wont turn up till after 12......................they had better be here today or thats going to be 2 wasted days holiday from work, and the wife will start bitching asking me why havent I done any housework or gone shopping.......