Yo Dave cz trigger kit on cz 455.

rwade545

Does any one have any experience of using one of these? Just purchased one, shipped from Canada in 6 days. Took a while to install, mainly due to me, but very impressed. Adjusted stock trigger as low as it would go, bit of creep and trigger pull of about 4 lbs. Replaced it with the heaviest spring out of the four supplied, borough the pull down to about 2.5lb, and then put the smallest blue shim in ( sear would not engage with the largest red one).

What can i say, such a change. Always heard a trigger modification was worth doing but amazed at difference it has made. Trigger is much lighter, and no creep, just a bit of pressure and snap it goes. Have done the drop gun onto the stock and gibe the back of the stock a good wallop with a mallet to make sure the sear does not slip.

REALLY IMPRESSED. Can get the kit delived from him for $18 plus $ 7 postage. So about £12 delivered. Well worth it and acutally easy enough to install if you have no clue. A you tube search shows you the steps.

Am well chuffed. Between the trigger and spending a while polishing the bolt with 800 grit my cz 455 17hmr has been transformed. Bolt now just glides shut under gravity, and lock with a finger, safetly is smooth and the trigger is now light and crisp. Just wish I had done pictures for those of you who are intrested in doing it to yours. Can't wait to get out with the rifle again. :)

post-53161-0-41068100-1363039637_thumb.jpg

How did you polish the bolt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohCUBaaQbW4

Hi, polishing bolt was a bit like this. But as bolt was newish, and rust free i started with a light sand at 640 grit then 800grit wet and dry with a little oil on the paper. Just smoothed it a bit but makes a work of difference.

First of all i dissassembled the bolt so as not to remove the blueing of the bolt handle and safety. Used the corner of the table instead of a bolt to compress the bolt. Also gives you a chance to lube the inside of bolt and clean up and residue.

good luck.

I have had several CZ rimfires over the years.

A trigger kit would possibly have been useful on all of them but 3 kept their original triggers and were fine, 1 x .22lr brilliant, 1 x WMR brilliant, 1 x .22lr acceptable.

I have replaced 2 that I currently own, my HMR Silhouette and WMR American (both bought new) with the Brooks kit, because the triggers on them were appalling.

I have said it before; this kit is the best/cheapest accessory you will ever buy for any gun!

:yes::good:

Other versions of the kit are available :good:

I would have thought by now that CZ would have lightened the Trigger Pull on their rifles?

I'm not quite following that either, although I suspect some of it is down to the legals, any manufacturer will tend to lean on the safe side rather than the light side for a trigger.

But this new 455 trigger upgrade is meant to be "good". http://www.czrifles.co.uk/cz-455-trigger-upgrade/

There is also a variation on their triggers, I have had several 452 models, and 3 brand new, of those the HMR and WMR triggers were terrible in pretty much every way, yet the .22lr was fine! :hmm: :hmm: