AAA and Slug Cartridges

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone can point me to a shop or online outlet where I can purchased cartridges with shot over BB size on FAC? I have seen slugs for reloading but I'd prefer to purchase some ready-made rather than undertake some experimental reloading with wax or glue as a sealer.

I've searched on google but not found anything so far.

Thank you

Guest cookoff013

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone can point me to a shop or online outlet where I can purchased cartridges with shot over BB size on FAC? I have seen slugs for reloading but I'd prefer to purchase some ready-made rather than undertake some experimental reloading with wax or glue as a sealer.

I've searched on google but not found anything so far.

Thank you

you can purchase with sec2 any cartridge that contains 5 or more pieces of shot, none of which must exceed 9.1mm or .36". the scope there is way above BB, which is 4.4-4.5mm. .36" / is about 9.1mm and "00" buckshot about 8.59mm. so the scope is there for whatever cartridge.

As for slugs, why do you have the preconception you`d have to use wax / pollyfilla / cheese / glue binding material.

as for only shooting factory you can reload both and it still would be cheaper. and available.

i can even give you sone recipes to A, get you started, and B, be insainly cheaper than factory..

buy Vectan A0

load it with these,

http://www.siarm.com/product_info.php?cPath=2_20_164_60&products_id=1786

shoot, would be cheaper than the £1 a shot for slugs...

as for the "00" buckshot,think you can use A0 again...

Guest cookoff013

If loading, for example, 1oz of AAA and using AS, how much would you reduce the 'normal' birdshot charge by? For arguments sake the normal load is say 21 grains.

you wouldnt, buckshot / larger shot types dont flex at all, you`d use a dedicated buckshot recipe.

if you did load 1oz of AAAAAAA buckshot, it inevitably be more pressure than the birdshot shot counterpart. the buckshot series starts after BBB shotsize and is stacked not measured.

with buckshot loads i wouldnt load less than 1.5oz.

you wouldnt, buckshot / larger shot types dont flex at all, you`d use a dedicated buckshot recipe.

if you did load 1oz of AAAAAAA buckshot, it inevitably be more pressure than the birdshot shot counterpart. the buckshot series starts after BBB shotsize and is stacked not measured.

with buckshot loads i wouldnt load less than 1.5oz.

Cheers. I have some AAA (5.1mm) shot, and some dedicated Longshot buckshot recipes. I wasn't sure that the shot was sufficiently large enough to qualify as buckshot. From what you say I take it that it would?

I have some sg or 00 buck shot if you want some

May also have some LG or 000 buck

I don't think I have ever seen LG, I have certainly never used them.

Apart from blowing hinges off doors and using them for humane despatch of elephants what do people use LG for?

Guest cookoff013

I don't think I have ever seen LG, I have certainly never used them.

Apart from blowing hinges off doors and using them for humane despatch of elephants what do people use LG for?

because they can, with only 5 pieces of shot at 9.1mm is not really up to the task of "classic game"