What first?

So.........

Being a new starter to this, my question is do I get kitted out with decoying kit first or look for a/some permissions?

From what I can make out and have been told most of Herts is taken! Do I look further a field?

Budget, ideally below £200.

Shoot days would be weekends mainly, though I may be able to do the odd weekday.

IM NOT ASKING FOR SHOOTING, just advice as I don't want to get all the gear and not be able to shoot. The Long Haired General wont like that!

Nah id buy a net and a dozen shell decoys and try find permission.

No point in seeing a couple of hundred birds eating a crop and asking to shoot them if you have no gear.

+ 1.....You need to be able to move quick,

Pigeons are still on the rape so there is all ways a chance to ask a farmer for a days shooting…not please will you sign a piece of paper. A days shooting!!

Get some insurance before you go knocking on the tractor door.

TEH

I have a gun. I moved from Stevenage last June, lived in chells area.

Insurance is the next thing on the list, net will get signed out from the stores at the mo til I leave then I will get my own. 6, 10 or 12 halfs/full decoys, some of you say not to over crowd.

Good to know the is some availability, don't really won't to be stepping on people's toes unless they don't mind.

So my basic checklist will be the following:

Insurance - BASC

Bamboo poles - got

Net - have access to

Decoys - £10ish for 6, fleabay

Full camo - got

Shotgun - got

Ammo - **** loads, 6/7.5 I might take a mixed selection and see what works best.

And a massive bag of patience.

I've also taken the advice of a post on here ref getting permission. Postcards with details. When they arrive I will post a pic for you all to have laugh at. I will also 'get out there' and speak to some rural folk.

Another bonus I that a pw member has offered to show me the ropes for day, top bloke.