Rabbit burgers with chorizo

kenj

With the warmer weather finally just round the corner, I'm looking forward to coming home with more than just a couple of rabbits from a cold, or damp session with the HMR. My daughter has just hosted a bunny burger party and cleaned me out, with a list of orders for more, so they must be good.

If you are looking for a proven recipe, that can be stored for later in the freezer, then give this one a try.

http://www.urbanfiel...s-with-chorizo/

Try reggae reggae rabbit, we where shooting last yr at one of our farms, they where having a barbie on arrival , the first rabbit that went to bunny heaven lost its clothes had a wash, got smothered in reggae reggae sauce then onto the barbie.

I bet it didn't think it would be doing what it was doing 13mins earlier, it was just like the ribs you get from KFC mmmmmm. :)

I've added minced pigeon to my rabbit pasty mix, which richened it up. I'll add a couple of breasts to my next burgers. I never get enough pigeons to do all pigeon burgers. The herbs add a lot to any rabbit dish, don't know how they would work with a rich meat like pigeon.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for posting Ken :good:

I made 60 today and added the sweet chillie sauce instead of the Worcester sauce.They smelt Boooootiful.Just have to try them out this weekend on the barbie with this mini heatwave that has been promised for the South coast :whistling: Saying that...Anything above +4 will be a heatwave for us.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Try this book out for some recipes its a sausage book but can be used for making burger mix as well & I had some we made from local pork yesterday & they were fab ! . The book is a paper back called The sausage book by Paul Peacock & has over 90 recipes & its worth every penny , tip if you like ginger don't be afraid to put some fresh chopped ginger in them & another tip is try a splash of Crabbie's Green Ginger Wine if you want to give your mix a ginger flavor.

Pole Star .

ps only one rabbit recipe in this book though & will give a go soon

Edited by Pole Star

Hi Ken.

Got my sausage skins from here

http://www.weschenfelder.co.uk/

Might go with the sheep intestines next though as some of my sausages were on the large side with the Hog skins.

Pole star.Thanks for the heads up on that book :good: ..I put some grated fresh ginger in my pheasant sausages I made a while back and it worked a treat.

Another sausage book if you do not have it its called Home sausage Making by Susan Mahake & Charles G Reavis ( story publishing ) also has recipes for Bear sausages ! not many Bears in my neck of the woods though ! .

Some rabbit recipes & incidentally one them has fresh ginger in too .

Also an interesting recipe for goose sausages called Goosewurst page 177 & of all things it has a glass of Drambuie in the mix so it sounds nice , I am always looking for ways to make goose & rabbit more tasty .

ATB Pole Star

Edited by Pole Star

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ollie, We had a few people round for a birthday bash at the weekend (I've survived another year!) Decided not to have a BBQ, so that I could "socialize" a bit. We'd precooked the rabbit burgers under the grill the day before, cut them into quarters and ate them cold. The plateful went in 5 minutes. Even my brother's "fluffy bunny" wife loved them, knowing that they were rabbit. Sorry to blow my own trumpet, but they do have a moreish texture and flavour.

• 3 weeks later...