evo

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just ordered one of these for £40 will it be ok for the night vision

the lux sensitivity is fine but the two problems are it is a 1/2 ccd camera and also it is only 400tvl so you will find that your picture will be very grainy and not as clear as a 1/3ccd with 700tvl also it uses a lot more power to operate so you will find your kit wont last as long,

its an excellent camera in its own right but certainly not one I would use for a rear end night vision kit,,

sorry to disappoint you but you did ask,

in my opinion here are the best three in order to use for a rear end add on night vision kit

1st, EJ230 bullet cam, 12 or 16mm lens depending on what effect you want on your screen/12mm will not fill screen fully but 16mm will,,a truelly superb camera

2nd watec 902h excellent camera but can be a pain to set up but once setup an excellent camera,

3rd s190swx bullet cam, a brilliant low light camera which will see superb, and half the price of the above two and certainly performs well, this camera is auto so no need to set up, all that is needed is to fit new lens and focus,, once this is done off you go

please note !!!! there are other cameras you can use but my advise is if you use one of the top 3 you wont go wrong, I could list 50 cameras you could use but for a home build these are my top 3 and you will be wasting money trying anything else,

believe me I have probably tried every camera out there ,

if you are building your own get one of the top two, if your on a budget but looking for an excellent camera that will do the job and do it well get the 3rd one,

please note !!!!!! it doesn't matter how good your camera is,,,if your IR is no good it wont see it, and vise versa ie good ir rubbish camera it wont see it,

it is all about balance decent ir and decent camera and don't forget it is a rear add on so that is why you need a decent IR torch

1watt 3watt and 5watt off ebay are useless for rear end addons although the 1watt and 3watt will work well with the photon but that will cost you a hell of a lot more money and after using one and having a play I will certainly stick to my builds as I find them just as good and also a lot less focus fussy and ir fussy,

please note also,,,,i am here to help anyone , but after something that happened will only give out certain information, I will not explain what on a public forum but it was not nice,,and have now taken steps for it never to happen again,

if anyone does need help then feel free to ask via this thread and once free I will help as much as I can,

for those who cant build their own contact me via pm and I will sort out a price for a fully built one to help you out but great care is now taken on my behalf to ensure what happened will not happen again

hope I,ve helped those who needed it and enjoy your kits

all the best for the new year all

Evo (Bob)

• 2 weeks later...

i really really want to get a nv setup, partially for my .22, partially for my hmr, and partially for my air rifle (rats). I want it to be mobile as the majority of shooting I do is on foot. I'd love to be able to film my shots to, I tried my own homemade iphone setup which was ok with light but now want to try nv as the rabbits and rats need hitting hard and getting lamp shy. Im clueless where to start. I bought the torch recommended but reluctant to pay the guy off here cos after that i have no idea what comes next and ill end up with an ir lamp and nothing to do with it. now ive the lamp, what is the next step? getting it ir friendly?

i really really want to get a nv setup, partially for my .22, partially for my hmr, and partially for my air rifle (rats). I want it to be mobile as the majority of shooting I do is on foot. I'd love to be able to film my shots to, I tried my own homemade iphone setup which was ok with light but now want to try nv as the rabbits and rats need hitting hard and getting lamp shy. Im clueless where to start. I bought the torch recommended but reluctant to pay the guy off here cos after that i have no idea what comes next and ill end up with an ir lamp and nothing to do with it. now ive the lamp, what is the next step? getting it ir friendly?

You would have been better buying the full ir torch off Dave on here pal

Hi Guys

I have received a night vision set up through the post today.

have used it to look up the garden and im blown away.

I would just like to thank Bob who has been a gent from the day I enquired, right up to present.

I for one think he is genius

Thanks Bob from one happy customer

Paul

He's been a busy bunny - mine arrived today also :D

Seems good, will see how I get on once rifle zero'd and get out to play properly.

certainly have, I,ve been working on them till all hours lol,

glad it arrived Michael , enjoy mate,

cheers Bob

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well lads i have just read the 19 pages on night vision, and i now have a pounding headache, i take my hat off to you all for your wealth of knowledge, and willingness to share that knowledge with others. Keep up the good work, i will get on with easy stuff, working on my land rover, thats after i have taken a disprin or three. :good:

• 1 month later...

After reading this full thread I think the world would be a happier plaice to be if we had more gents like Evo.A lot of work has gone in to making night vision shooting affordable to the ordinary man not just guys with money to burn. Very well done mate I may buy one of these set ups off you in the future all the best

Bazzah.

• 1 month later...

I have recently had my original nightvision built by evo some time last year, upgraded to his latest spec and and absolutely loving it.

I took it out last night to have a play about with it and get myself used to night shooting again as its been a while.

to say I was impressed is an understatement, I thought the original I had was good but this is far superior, it has an HD screen now and has had all the loose wires tidied up and the battery is now integral rather than needing to have it in my pocket. also the torch now runs from the battery too. its just a click on and off and everything is ready to go.

I was out last night for a couple of hours and spent too much time just watching the rabbits emerge all around me as I could not believe the quality of my new kit.

it got to about midnight and I thought I had better shoot something now!!

recently on my permissions in the evenings I have only been seeing babies about really and I guess the older rabbits have been emerging after I usually leave,

as the pictures show last nights bag were definitely ones for the freezer

06.06.2014%20horse%20field%201_zps7kja00

don't want to embarrass Bob (Evo) but he really is a gentleman and all round good sportsman, im so pleased with what he has done for me

thanks again Bob, fantastic work fella!

I have recently had my original nightvision built by evo some time last year, upgraded to his latest spec and and absolutely loving it.

I took it out last night to have a play about with it and get myself used to night shooting again as its been a while.

to say I was impressed is an understatement, I thought the original I had was good but this is far superior, it has an HD screen now and has had all the loose wires tidied up and the battery is now integral rather than needing to have it in my pocket. also the torch now runs from the battery too. its just a click on and off and everything is ready to go.

I was out last night for a couple of hours and spent too much time just watching the rabbits emerge all around me as I could not believe the quality of my new kit.

recently on my permissions in the evenings I have only been seeing babies about really and I guess the older rabbits have been emerging after I usually leave,

don't want to embarrass Bob (Evo) but he really is a gentleman and all round good sportsman, im so pleased with what he has done for me

great stuff lee and glad your pleased bud,also well done on the bunnies,i was out myself Thursday night and was too busy just watching the rabbits my shooting buddie(golfshot Roger) was the one who shot them lol,,I did get three tree rats before it went dark tho,,anyway enjoy mate

cheers Evo

I'll second that,, a true gent credit to the forum

• 1 month later...