homemade nightvision evo,s

evo

thanks dave,i have tried the ahorton one and it has made a massive difference,the beam of light is a lot tighter compared to the standard one,i think the dx lens is fine for airrifle ranges with the 501b and the oslon but as said its great out to 80yrds and will pick up eye shine to well over 100yrds,

I have just build the 66mm torch with the crelant head also but have only tried it out with the Led(white) I,m waiting on the oslon turning up so I can make it into the 12 volt version . I have all the drivers and bits but the oslon,s have not turned up yet.

now that is one hell of an impressive torch and the beam is unreal,certainly cant wait to put the oslon behind the lens,

dave regarding the ahorton on your picture your reflector is very short how did you manage to fit the pill one it was machined ???

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So where's mine for me rimmy fella hehe looking food vob

Supposed to say looking good bob Damn phone

anytime john,where you hungry when ya sent that off ya phone :lol::lol: :lol: I,ll pop round soon mate,but I think you will want the bigger torch bud,200yrds is not a problem

no prob paul,anytime mate,if I was to be honest mate I,ve probably put over 150 hrs into it ,trying this and trying that and making bits and bobs but it has been well worth it,my new torch will reach silly ranges,

Bi9johnny will be able to see me when I,m in the isle of man once I sort his :lol::lol: :lol:

If anyone needs one of the ahorton lens kits I have a couple spare here btw.

is that to fit the 501b torch mick and can you pm me how much bud as doing a build for one of the lads and will be quicker to get one off you,,

thanks dave,i have tried the ahorton one and it has made a massive difference,the beam of light is a lot tighter compared to the standard one,i think the dx lens is fine for airrifle ranges with the 501b and the oslon but as said its great out to 80yrds and will pick up eye shine to well over 100yrds,

I have just build the 66mm torch with the crelant head also but have only tried it out with the Led(white) I,m waiting on the oslon turning up so I can make it into the 12 volt version . I have all the drivers and bits but the oslon,s have not turned up yet.

now that is one hell of an impressive torch and the beam is unreal,certainly cant wait to put the oslon behind the lens,

dave regarding the ahorton on your picture your reflector is very short how did you manage to fit the pill one it was machined ???

The black one is made by Ahorton to suit his thicker lenses which need to be placed much closer to the LED's.

They are 'bottomless' so can be adjusted further to fine tune the focus to your liking.

I'm working on custom made P60 drop-in modules for night shooters.

Over the next few weeks I shall make "one piece" drop-ins available with an Ahorton lens set at the correct focal distance.

The difference is that mine will provide a more solid heat path pressed direct to the torch body - which will also act as a heatsink to air - so I should be able to safely over drive the LED by about 33%.

The result will hopefully be a brighter than nailbender/customlites module combined with the same focal merits as an Ahorton system, but with better cooling and the torch head does up much further..

Edited by Dave-G

Hi Evo this looks like a great piece of kit i would love to see it and get some info of you if this would be ok let me know. off on holiday in the morning for a couple of weeks.will check when i get back

cheers golfshot

no problem mate,get back in touch when you come back off your holidays and we can meet up no problem,,cheers Evo

I'm working on custom made P60 drop-in modules for night shooters.

Over the next few weeks I shall make "one piece" drop-ins available with an Ahorton lens set at the correct focal distance.

The difference is that mine will provide a more solid heat path pressed direct to the torch body - which will also act as a heatsink to air - so I should be able to safely over drive the LED by about 33%.

The result will hopefully be a brighter than nailbender/customlites module combined with the same focal merits as an Ahorton system, but with better cooling and the torch head does up much further..

hi dave what sort of price are you looking at for these,and would it be possible to make one with the 12volt driver for me mate ,also are you building them with the ahorton lens kit or the dx lens

hi dave what sort of price are you looking at for these,and would it be possible to make one with the 12volt driver for me mate ,also are you building them with the ahorton lens kit or the dx lens

Subject to finalising supply and getting the job right, but since some P60 users already have an Ahorton lens the single piece drop-in will be available on it's own for about £30, about £40 with an Ahorton lens, and about £60 as a complete visible red cree torch with the standard lens machined down to have the correct back focal length for the Ahorton lens - and an IR torch.

Both modes will use the same Ahorton lens and probably the same big spring for the negative connection. It will be made primarily for the night hunting community who undertake lamping and night vision as we are about the only users who don't want any beam spill.

The plan is for the 17mm driver to be retained by miniature screws rather than be soldered in, I can look into a 12v driver option for you.

Edited by Dave-G

Subject to finalising supply and getting the job right, but since some P60 users already have an Ahorton lens the single piece drop-in will be available on it's own for about £30, about £40 with an Ahorton lens, and about £60 as a complete visible red cree torch with the standard lens machined down to have the correct back focal length for the Ahorton lens - and an IR torch.

Both modes will use the same Ahorton lens and probably the same big spring for the negative connection. It will be made primarily for the night hunting community who undertake lamping and night vision as we are about the only users who don't want any beam spill.

The plan is for the 17mm driver to be retained by miniature screws rather than be soldered in, I can look into a 12v driver option for you.

thanks for that dave, there is a 12v driver on the other forum in the oslon black stickie,but he mentions for non torch build so I was a bit unsure,

I would like to run my torch ,lcd and camera from the one 12 volt sorce mainly so as its one full complete unit,

I have one of the 12volt drivers here and think I,ve got about 5 of the other drivers for the oslon,the only problem I have at the mo is I,m still waiting for the led,s to arrive from the othe rside of the world,but they will arrive I,m sure,

let me know how you get on because I will defo have a couple off ya bud,thanks again for your help mate,cheers Evo

hi dave ,,I tried the torch out last night and was very impressed, here a picture of the standard 501b with the DX lens and then a pic of the new one with the UF-T20,the difference in the beem is unreal ,cant wait to put the oslon behind ,just to compare the IR,s.

at 100yrds the square of the LED is about 8ft x 8ft max so should be perfect for hmr ranges,

Edited by evo

The difference is that mine will provide a more solid heat path pressed direct to the torch body - which will also act as a heatsink to air - so I should be able to safely over drive the LED by about 33%...

Dave, if you reflow the led directly to copper you can overdrive it almost three times as hard. The ones I use to give me a 300 yard beam (over 200 shootable at 14 times mag) run at just that. You just have to hear sink it well but some thermal adhesive and tinfoil will deal with that.

Nope, regular torch and one 3400 mAh 18650 battery. It's all in the driver and the way in which the led is soldered. Aluminium isn't the best heat sink material, whereas copper is excellent thus soldered to copper you drive the led harder.

I don't build these though, it's a guy off one of the torch forums in the states. Put one in a nightmaster and it blows the socks off the standard dereelight drop in, even running with one battery.

This is a visible led, in my case red and amber. But there's no reason why the same couldn't be done with an oslon.

Edited by mick miller

sorry for delay in reply mate just got back from fishing a match in the midlands,,

sounds good mick,would love to see what it would do through that 50mm lens of mine on the 501b and would probably be even more effective with the AHorton droppin with it giving the better angle on the light