homemade nightvision evo,s

evo

evo,

what size is the cable gland, i ordered ip68 110925658840 & got a tiny one through the post.the hole at the end is only 7mm

hi mate , the IP68 cable gland to fit the bullet camera is 20mm mate, this will hold your camera really steady, if you have any problem getting one let me know and I,ll sort out sending you one

cheers Bob

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks evo. I've rang moreton alarms and they say their out of stock at the moment. So i thought try and get one somewhere else. Thanks for info on the spliter lead will get one of those. Wii let you know how I get on. Many thanks sf1.

no problem mate anytime

hi guys, due to demand moreton alarms have not got any more KPC-S190-SWX 1/3ccd bullet cameras in, I have spoken with them this morning and they have assured me they are on order but will take approximately 2 weeks to arrive

as soon as they are in stock I will let you all know,

cheers Evo

Edited by evo

Try sure24.co.uk wide range of sony bullet cameras...............

hi mate thanks for the link but the prices they are selling their bullet cameras for are double the price from moreton alarms but thanks again for helping out

to be honest i am in the middle of sorting a price out for this kit so people can just buy the full NV kit and it will just go straight onto their scope, many thanks for your replies and as soon as i have sorted a price i will let you all know,

thanks again all and as said if you need any help please dont hesitate to contact me,,all the best Evo (Bob)

All my stuff is ordered Evo thanks for the help. Dave is hopefully going to sort the ir side of things when he's ready. As for camera I am trying something a bit different after reading a few threads on a another forum but will let you all know how I get on.

Thanks again for sharing this info !! :good:

All my stuff is ordered Evo thanks for the help. Dave is hopefully going to sort the ir side of things when he's ready. As for camera I am trying something a bit different after reading a few threads on a another forum but will let you all know how I get on.

Thanks again for sharing this info !! :good:

no problem matey,enjoy your build, any problems then just PM me and I,ll see what I can do

all the best Bob

hi guys,seems people are having a bit of a problem trying to buy the camera I am using in my build,,

I have spoken with moreton alarms and have been told these will be back in stock in two weeks (delivery time)

if anyone knows anywhere where you can buy the KPC-S190-SWX bullet camera could you please put a link up on here to help the lads out,many thanks all,

I,ll see what I can sort out in the meantime and let you know whats happening so please bear with me whilst I try and find a quicker supplier

thanks again Bob

hi all,

just an update on the homebrew night vision kit I,ve been building,

as you know I,m always trying to improve my nightvision performances and for the last 4 weeks i,ve been building a new camera to use with my setup, ok its cost a little more than the bullet camera I was using but to be honest the results have been well worth the extra money

firstly I built the T20 66mm crelant torch and fitted an IR droppin (kindly built by Ian at) ir.light.builds@gmail.com

so down to the nitty gritty I tried the torch out and was reaching 250+ yrds but when I widened the beam by de focusing the led then it was great for shooting distances upto 100yrds,

I decided to video the results upto 60yrds in my back garden and will do a full field test on Monday evening,hopefully filming some rabbit shooting in the process (weather permitting)

anyway here is a short vid of how it performed with the new camera (secret at the mo) and the T20 torch with the beam widened

hope you enjoy, I will put the field test results on this thread on Tuesday evening

catch you soon Evo

well guys as you know I,m always experimenting with different stuff to try and improve my night vision and I have come up with this build,,hope ya like it,

it fits directly onto the back of my scope and works an absolute treat

newscopecam002_zpsb01567c9.jpg

newscopecam005_zps1955ed9d.jpg

newscopecam004_zps1fb081fb.jpg

yes mate ,I,ve taken my time with this build, now got all the bits on order as I have two orders already, tried it out tonight and have to say I was very very impressed, I,ll put the video of the new mystery cam up on the thread 2moro in the field tests, those who are building their own will not be dissapointed

This is my set up so far Just waiting for IR source and the black tube will be replaced with a machined piece of delrin to fit my scope and hold camera and screen as a complete unit. Field test failed miserably tonight with a white cree but I think I had the camera settings wrong as seems OK after a bit of a fiddle when I got home.

2013-06-25205103_zps9ac64a77.jpg

2013-06-24213202_zps2a2c363c.jpg

Edited by mrikirkby

that's looking great mate, I,ve sent you a pm regarding your test,

please note because you are using a board cam once it switches to black and white and ir sensitive it will struggle to see the white light as good as the infrared ,so don't panic the board cam you are using is behaving how it should, it will see the white light but not at distance

well done on your build that is looking great and you will seriously enjoy it once your ir torch droppin arrives

• 4 weeks later...

hi all, I,ve just done a test with the three torches I have sorted out for my night vision kits ,all the torches are fitted with infrared led,s and here are the results,

the tree in the left of the screen is 55yrds and the window in the building is 61yrds, these distances have been measured .

I will be doing field tests on Saturday and will post the results on Monday

thanks for watching

all the best Evo (Bob)