homemade nightvision evo,s

evo

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi lads I have repeatedly been asked for a parts list to make my homemade night vision setup so here goes,

1. ultrafire 501b torch bay 190960535183

2. 3.5inch lcd screen bay 290923525907

3. 12v rechge batt pack bay 390567122319

4 BNC male to phono rca bay 220719587009

5 BNC female to female bay 321092277964

6 1 to 4 splitter cable bay 251274012997

7 IP68 cable gland 20mm bay 110925658840

. 1/3 ccd black and white bullet camera (moreton alarms tel 0151 630 0000 )

please note ; for the torch you will need a AHorton lens and droppin fitted with an oslon black IR led as soon as I sort a supply out for these I will let you know , this is what will give you your ir illumination you will also need some either carbon tubing or silicone tubing to fit over your scope and to also take the cable gland which will hold your bullet camera in place

please note this setup is more than adequate for air rifle ranges and .22 rf aswell but you will need to have a different modification to your torch to take it to further distances ,

also their is another torch build that will take you out to 200+ yrds but this will cost you £60 to make and then the cost of the IR droppin which will be around £35 - 45 also depending on availability

you will also have to buy a couple of fittings to fit the monitor and torch to your rifle,this also costs money so please take this into consideration when making your build,,

if anyone needs any help regarding the build then please don't hesitate to contact me and I will help where I can

good luck and don't forget this build is for air rifle and upto 100yrds ranges,, modifications will need to be made to the torch for further distances

all the best Evo

special note ;; special thanks to mick miller and also some of the lads off the NV forum for letting me pick their brains in improving my NV setup,,without your appreciated help the bunnies and ferals would still not fear me as they do now

as said hope this helps ,,ALL THE BEST EVO

Nice reply! Names and numbers come in extremely handy and are very much appreciated.

hi all,just a bit of good news for those that want to build the big torch for my home build but cant solder the IR led,s or the pills , I have now got a contact of someone who will make these for you at a small cost of coarse if you need one doing so as you can take the torch from a white beam to a night IR beam then contact Ian by email at ir.light.builds@gmail.com Ian will gladly build you a droppin that will just interchange with your T-20 torch,,hope this helps lads,

please note Ian is not making the droppins for the 501b torch at the moment but he has ordered the parts so he will also be able to do these by the end of the month, he can also make them in the 940nm and the 850nm

hi guy,s sorry but a mistake on my half,,,

Ian is only making the droppins for the T20 and not the 501b as I quoted above,, my appologies to yourselves and also Ian I will see if I can find a source to build the oslon droppins for the 501b and will let you know asap,,many thanks Evo

I seem to recall we had a few private messages about me making custom shooter biased P60 drop-ins?

I have taken delivery of a lathe this afternoon and will soon be making one piece copper drop-in modules for P60 torches, either bare bones or with LED and driver boards fitted. They will be specifically made to to be used with Ahorton lenses - which I shall also be supplying to the shooting community.

I'd rather not rush the first few out as there is plenty of time before the nights draw in so please bear with me. We have all seen how vendors 'pre-market' their forthcoming products then keep everyone waiting for yonks. If it's not urgent I suggest you wait a few short weeks for the brighter/better cooling ones to come off my lathe and get some use to establish their suitability and reliability.

When they are ready I shall post to that effect here:

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/211717-modified-led-lamping-torches/

For anyone who cannot wait for the custom upgrade modules - I can fit regular brass pills with Oslon Black LED's and drivers in few days as components I have on order arrive - please feel free to PM me.

Edited by Dave-G

excellent news dave , thanks for helping the lads out with the 501b droppins mate its really appreciated,

now guys I have finally finished my NV build and the T20 Torch is exactly where I wanted it ,on top of the scope to balance my rifle out this is how I will be using the gun during my night session so those of you who are making them at the moment here is what the finished article will look like,

please note this is with the bigger T20 torch but to be honest the 501b with the ir droppin that dave will sort out for you is well more than adequate for air rifle ranges and well beyond also

hope ya like the look of it as I can finally get out and shoot with it now, I watched 2 x adult foxes and 3 cubs at 200 yrds away last night and the results where brill, any help chaps don't hesitate to ask and I will help all I can , also if you want the T20 droppins speak to Ian and the 501b droppins then speak to dave,,many thanks again lads for your welcomed help

here are the pics

daystatehuntsmanwithT20IR006_zps0bad026e

daystatehuntsmanwithT20IR004_zpsa77ab02b

daystatehuntsmanwithT20IR003_zps19dd9d78

daystatehuntsmanwithT20IR001_zpsbff61171

That's still a nice looking rig - even with the Lands End lighthouse on top lol. :)

I've deliberately not made much of an advance announcement about it for the reasons given above. There's lads doing builds for larger foxing torches on the night vision forum UK and I guess I've sort of become known as a bit of a P60 torch guy so it's a natural progression for me. I won't be doing bits for the larger ones - as said - others are doing that and I'm not about to tread on any ones turf.

Edited by Dave-G

no problem its very good of you to do the droppins for the 501b,,as I don't know anyone else doing them,,

i will certainly have an oslon black with the driver and pill for a single battery,do you make them with the 12 volt driver by the way as i would love to make my 501b into a 12 volt torch,

its quite funny because since i have been building my kit i have found out a few mods that has improved the 501b for distance, mick off the forum has been a great help also,

anyway dave if anyone asks i will certainly let them know your building them and can i just say thanks again for your help also,,cheers Evo

Edited by evo

no problem its very good of you to do the droppins for the 501b,,as I don't know anyone else doing them,,

i will certainly have an oslon black with the driver and pill for a single battery,do you make them with the 12 volt driver by the way as i would love to make my 501b into a 12 volt torch,

its quite funny because since i have been building my kit i have found out a few mods that has improved the 501b for distance, mick off the forum has been a great help also,

anyway dave if anyone asks i will certainly let them know your building them and can i just say thanks again for your help also,,cheers Evo

I will source some for 12v supplies mate.

Wh

1050 mah or 1400 mah for the 12v driver?

Hi mate, ok I,ll try and explain it because it can be quite confusing even to me,

ok if you take just a standard torch you have the body of the torch which the batteries go into and screwed onto this you have the torch head which houses the reflector and the bulb ,

now with a torch that does not use a bulb but an led (light emitting diode) instead of the reflector being plastic it is made with metal also you need something to put the led onto and this is also made of metal and is called a pill ,this is because an led can get very hot and the metal it is housed in helps to keep the led cooler,

ok so you have the reflector,,into this screws the pill which has the led on one side and the driver on the other side with a spring on it which touches the positive on the battery, the driver is what regulates the voltage /current to make the led work,

hopefully you understand that bit ,,right now you know we use LED,s instead of bulbs there are many different types and makes of LED,s one particular make is the cree led, these are very good, but after trying out loads of different LED,s the best infrared led is made by a company called OSRAM, and they have called this infrared led an oslon black so it is really just a name for the led, now these can come in different colors but it is the red one which works best with the infrared, I hope I,ve explained that ok,

ok so now to dave,, what dave is doing is,,when you buy the WF-501b torch it will come with a standard aluminium reflector and a cree (white LED) in it, so to improve the torch so as you will get better distances with it is, he is making a one piece copper droppin and this will have an oslon black LED fitted which will replace your standard reflector and pill, he can also supply the aHorton aspheric lens (this is the glass at the front of the torch and will help to keep the beam very tight so you can get further distances, also the OSRAM oslon black LED is infrared so you will see the rats and rabbits but they wont see you and that is what dave will be building and selling and I must say at a very good price also.

I hope I have explained everything and you can now understand ,,cheers Bob

Thanks Bob that's cleared a few things up, still confusing though but I think I am getting there :lol: It seems the T 20 torches are popular over on the NVUK forum so I may go that route yet. I have gone basically the same NV set up as you which is obviously tried and tested.

Big thanks to you and Dave for sharing all this ........addictive stuff !!!

Thanks Bob that's cleared a few things up, still confusing though but I think I am getting there :lol: It seems the T 20 torches are popular over on the NVUK forum so I may go that route yet. I have gone basically the same NV set up as you which is obviously tried and tested.

Big thanks to you and Dave for sharing all this ........addictive stuff !!!

ha ha that's exactly how I started,,a little tip mate is if its for using at air rifle ranges then attach a WF-501b to the gun with one of daves mods in it, and build the T20 and use that torch for your spotter,

you can spot where they are in the field with the big T20 and then get closer and then use the smaller 501b,

if and when you build the bigger torch keep hold of the head and fit it on your 501b it works a treat mate,

how are you getting on with your bits for your build ? did you manage to sort a camera out

Yeah its all ordered apart from camera as they were out of stock until tom so will ring them tom and wait for it to turn up !!! Oh and an ir drop in !

happy days, if ya need any help give me a bell,,cheers Evo

Hi evo I've just ordered most of the bit's for the nv build and would say a big thanks for the help.do you have a part no for your camera as I'm having a bit trouble getting one. Many thanks sf1.

hi mate ,sorry for the delay in replying, the camera model number is ,,,KPC-S190-SWX it is a black and white 1/3ccd bullet camera,,hope this helps, any problems let me know

also I have found a cheaper better power lead splitter here it is

hope this helps

also if you have a problem getting a camera then give moreton alarms a ring tel; 0151-630-0000

Edited by evo