Two rifles, one mod

Sauer020

What are people's thoughts on using one mod and switching between two rifles?

I am considering a .30 cal for the occasional large deer etc but also have a 243 with a nice lightweight mod for up to .30 cal, I don't see the point in buying another for "now and then" use.

The zero in theory should remain the same when removing and then replacing the mod on each rifle.

Does anyone else do this?

Thanks

Sauer.

As for zero, it is likely to stay close for both but it will also depend on your cleaning regime. If the mod spends most of its life on one gun then a check on the other would seem a good plan initially at least, to make sure it does stay close on zero.

This subject has been debated before, I am in the school of 1 mod for 1 rifle, every rifle I have has its own, rimfires and cf, and I have a couple of spares as well.

I use most of mine a lot though, but frankly for occassional use/swapping them over, why not!?

Each of my cf mods are calibre specific and that helps to get the best out of the moderation as well.

:good:

As for zero, it is likely to stay close for both but it will also depend on your cleaning regime. If the mod spends most of its life on one gun then a check on the other would seem a good plan initially at least, to make sure it does stay close on zero.

This subject has been debated before, I am in the school of 1 mod for 1 rifle, every rifle I have has its own, rimfires and cf, and I have a couple of spares as well.

I use most of mine a lot though, but frankly for occassional use/swapping them over, why not!?

Each of my cf mods are calibre specific and that helps to get the best out of the moderation as well.

Thanks, appreciate the reply - the calibre specific mod for a 243 would be a .30 cal though is it not? I can't remember seeing a 6mm but could be wrong...thought most of the 243 ones were "up to .30cal" :hmm:.

The other issue i guess is the way they are written on your ticket but i guess that could be altered, if it was going to be used often i would get another but as its for "noe and again" i don't see the point - especially as the A-TEC i have is perfect for hill stalking as its so lightweight.

Thanks

Sauer

I swap the mod on both my 22s with no discernible ill effects, but then I'm not talking serious ranges on either.

I imagine the cf would be the same but - or at least within an acceptable group for stalking,,,

Thanks,

Sauer.

Thanks, appreciate the reply - the calibre specific mod for a 243 would be a .30 cal though is it not? I can't remember seeing a 6mm but could be wrong...thought most of the 243 ones were "up to .30cal" :hmm:.

The other issue i guess is the way they are written on your ticket but i guess that could be altered, if it was going to be used often i would get another but as its for "noe and again" i don't see the point - especially as the A-TEC i have is perfect for hill stalking as its so lightweight.

Thanks

Sauer

Not for my Predator 8's

Calibre Inserts Now Available -

.17, 22, 243, 25, 27, 30, 338, 375, 44.

Others made to order

Edited by Dekers

What are people's thoughts on using one mod and switching between two rifles?

I am considering a .30 cal for the occasional large deer etc but also have a 243 with a nice lightweight mod for up to .30 cal, I don't see the point in buying another for "now and then" use.

The zero in theory should remain the same when removing and then replacing the mod on each rifle.

Does anyone else do this?

Thanks

Sauer.

All guns should retain their zero removing and re-fitting a moderator (unless their is an issue) leaving moddies on c/f rifles is a recipe for disaster corrosion wise I don't even have them in the same safe. Make sure you have two back bushes if applicable cut to suit and baffles to fit the larger calibre

All guns should retain their zero removing and re-fitting a moderator (unless their is an issue) leaving moddies on c/f rifles is a recipe for disaster corrosion wise I don't even have them in the same safe. Make sure you have two back bushes if applicable cut to suit and baffles to fit the larger calibre

excactly

I have three bushes for 7 calibres on one mod (4 on a sako quad so they are all the same).

its a 6.5mm bore so anything up to 243 is good

its listed on the FAC as a "full bore" moderator...whatever that is.

Firearms office are fine with it