Hmmm insurance time again

Lord Geordie

Bit of a price hike too, Spent today searching the net direct to companies too not just the comparison sites,

Last year just over £300 fully comp. This year they wanted £416

Done some legwork and got it down but cant get down lower than £350.88 fully comp :no:

Anyone else found its gone up with quite a bump this year?

I dont want TPFT or else I could get it down to £336 and in my view not worth the step down in cover :no:

Oh well I will have to dig into the corners of the wallet then :lol;

My insurance was totally the opposite to your mine got £50 cheaper than last years only difference was swapping from go compare to the meerkat , strange but both sites compared same insurance companies and came up with totally different quotes worth trying all the comparison site not just one :) .

Paid £400 last year, same company wanted £500 this. Shopped around and got the same cover plus Green Flag complete for £300.

Told the first company and they said they couldn't match it, completely disinterested.

Strangely, found in the past that fully comp was cheaper than 3PF&T and that husband & wife are cheaper to insure then husband alone.

Insurance, it's a wierd world they live in (licensed bandids, one and all), no loyalty, rhyme or reason. Shop around every time. Just told my father (86) who didn't believe me, he did nad nearly halved his re-quote from Saga who are supposed to look after, not rook, the elderly.

In my experience of insurance companies change them every year as most usually give you an introductory offer to get you to insure with them, then the second year is goes up quite abit, as last year when I got insured for about £700. Then this year they wanted just over £1100 , I don't think so, so off I went to find a new insurer :)

When my QUOTE came through the dorr they wanted £663:00:

Went down the local shop in the town, this flabbergasting , With PROTECTED insurance it was £196:00

Guess which one I went for:

I did lose , Green flag, and free car after accident, but who cares, its all about how much they take out your pocket, RIGHT:

Try Top Cashback, when my citroen berlingo renewal came had a look at all the compare sites went on top cashback, Aviva was £160 then I got back £80 80 back from them, so £80 for a years insurance, did the same with my Suzuki had a look what I could get it for, rang my old company up told them and they came down another £60 so stop with them :good:

Bit of a price hike too, Spent today searching the net direct to companies too not just the comparison sites,

Last year just over £300 fully comp. This year they wanted £416

Done some legwork and got it down but cant get down lower than £350.88 fully comp :no:

Anyone else found its gone up with quite a bump this year?

I dont want TPFT or else I could get it down to £336 and in my view not worth the step down in cover :no:

Oh well I will have to dig into the corners of the wallet then :lol;

just tell them you have found it cheaper of £340 and see what they do

Renewel came threw couple of days ago.

last year £345.

This year same company no points etc......

£1150!!!!

Believe it or not that's the genuine price they quoted. Rang em up.to enquire was told that's it take it or leave it.... Safe to say his manager got a fair few insults thrown into him. Disgusting totally disgusting.

Well that about sums it up!

Was told to ring customer services to tell them I got a cheaper deal at Swinton. £90 cheaper. Then they calmly asked me.to bide with them a moment and all went quiet. A few seconds later I was told they could do mine cheaper!

Why oh WHY can't they offer me a realistic renewal quote to start with????

My head hurts.