My New Air Rifle - HW80K

M.I.A

So here I was, 1st day of 2 weeks off work and I was bored already.

Thought I would pop to my local Rural shopping village to have a mooch, and hoping the Gun shop was open

Only went in for a look but ended up with this beauty, a HW80k in .22 cal

Its 2nd hand but only a few months old (as new mind) and the wood work is stunning (photo does it no justice)

I have been hankering after another springer since I sold my HW95k Last year

Thought I would share this with you all as I think its rather nice

What are your thoughts

EDD85256-AB24-4C24-9875-0C5694857D30-223

Hi Chris, I believe its been refinished its also has had stippling added. I may just keep this one, or not time will tell lol

It was put over the crono and is under 12 ft/lbs so all good there, I know they have a reputation of creeping over so I shall keep an eye on it

Ventured out a few hours ago and christened it, im very pleased :good:

take a good look at that stock around the pistol grip area around any stippling. The grain shown will be very weak in this area and I think its 50/50 a repair has been done on a broken stock. Hence the nice metal finish yet a re-done stock, stippling is usually a dead give away for this sort of repair as a cover up. Saying this because you don't want it giving way unexpectedly and 80 stocks are easy enough to get second hand

take a good look at that stock around the pistol grip area around any stippling. The grain shown will be very weak in this area and I think its 50/50 a repair has been done on a broken stock. Hence the nice metal finish yet a re-done stock, stippling is usually a dead give away for this sort of repair as a cover up. Saying this because you don't want it giving way unexpectedly and 80 stocks are easy enough to get second hand

I think the Hws are stippled as new now , certainly my 97kt is stippled not chequered

Hi Chris, I believe its been refinished its also has had stippling added. I may just keep this one, or not time will tell lol

It was put over the crono and is under 12 ft/lbs so all good there, I know they have a reputation of creeping over so I shall keep an eye on it

Ventured out a few hours ago and christened it, im very pleased :good:

i once bought a hw80 the mk1 a few years. Chronoed it and it was knocking out 27ft/lbs on inspection i found a previous owner had attempted to destroy the gun by fitting an ox spring :sad: so got it out straight away and ordered a lazaglide kit, brilliant guns