Doomsday preppers

IXI KARL IXI

It's interesting because I'm sure many of us stock up on food when it snows or rush to the petrol station when there's a strike, so while these examples arn't exactly "prepping" they still reflect a panic of sorts when we fear going without the things we need.

I'm assuming there are no hardcore preppers among us as this thread has attracted very little attention, but I do wonder how many of us like me ponder the outcome of such an apocalyptic event.

If marshal law should take hold does that give the shooting community the edge ? Survival of the fittest or survival of the best equipt.

I would class my self as a 'prepper' I suppose... certainly not hardcore though... I think the distinction is that a 'prepper' will keep provisions and have a plan even on slow news days!

Typed on my EMP hardened laptop from my decommissioned local government fallout shelter! :lol:

Edited by Vipa

I think it doesn't do any harm in buying couple extra long expiry foods each shopping visit,and have 'bug out bag'/camping bag,but to go the whole hog is a bit OTT in my opinion at this time,daks i think the shooting community could have the edge,unless the government try to do what the americans did in new orleans and try to confiscate all known civilian known guns,bit easier in uk due to lower numbers?

I'm a Dooms day prepper. They had Fray Bentos on offer the other day so I had three of them and a couple of four packs of beans. I'll be good for milk as I've got a big tub of marvel. Got quite alot of teabags and I keep all the old newspapers for re-reading after Wapping cops it. I can't honestly think of anything else that I'll need. I might get a guitar or something as well to entertain myself in the bunker. I've not actually built a bunker but I do own a very solid shed that I'm sure will take a bit of thermonuclear stick. It doesn't move in the wind much.

I've got a butternut squash from last year as well. That should be good for another century or so I'll wager.

I think it doesn't do any harm in buying couple extra long expiry foods each shopping visit,and have 'bug out bag'/camping bag,but to go the whole hog is a bit OTT in my opinion at this time,daks i think the shooting community could have the edge,unless the government try to do what the americans did in new orleans and try to confiscate all known civilian known guns,bit easier in uk due to lower numbers?

Government does pretty much what it wants, none of us would have voted for the nanny state way of life we have now 30 years ago.

Wouldn't mind keeping a few things handy. Storing ammo would be a no go as you can only have so much , how ever I dont think there is a limit on shotgun shells ?

Wouldn't mind having a small holding etc , couple of chickens, maybe other things, a few BIG greenhouses for some veg. Its kinda like a self sufficient lifestyle. Be good to know you woundn't be up **** creek if you needed to survive for a bit, as said though, soon as it all goes tits up people would be out looting and robbing, animals would get robbed, greenhouses ransacked ...

It's interesting because I'm sure many of us stock up on food when it snows or rush to the petrol station when there's a strike, so while these examples arn't exactly "prepping" they still reflect a panic of sorts when we fear going without the things we need.

I'm assuming there are no hardcore preppers among us as this thread has attracted very little attention, but I do wonder how many of us like me ponder the outcome of such an apocalyptic event.

If marshal law should take hold does that give the shooting community the edge ? Survival of the fittest or survival of the best equipt.

If marshal law took hold we'd be the first to get our doors knocked on and guns removed.......... thats part of the point of licencing so they know whos got what and where !

I'm a Dooms day prepper. They had Fray Bentos on offer the other day so I had three of them and a couple of four packs of beans. I'll be good for milk as I've got a big tub of marvel. Got quite alot of teabags and I keep all the old newspapers for re-reading after Wapping cops it. I can't honestly think of anything else that I'll need. I might get a guitar or something as well to entertain myself in the bunker. I've not actually built a bunker but I do own a very solid shed that I'm sure will take a bit of thermonuclear stick. It doesn't move in the wind much.

I've got a butternut squash from last year as well. That should be good for another century or so I'll wager.

fray bentos!? yum, were they just steak by any chance? the local pound shop always has them in stock :good:

Sit down for an hour and work out how much food you would need to store even to last a month. If anything bad enough happened that you needed a month's supply of food the rest of society would have broken down so badly, and so irrevecably, that it would effectively be the end of the world.

Most of the people surviving that long in this crowded country would have had to resort to murder and cannibalism. You can't just switch the lights back on and expect life to return to normal

I don't think "bugging out" is a viable option for the UK, there just isint enough land / woods / wild.

When the Electricity has gone, water stops running, what are you going to do ?

Stockplie food and water, how're you going to protect it ?

Haha now I'm starting to sound like a paranoid American - No offence.

I'll bet they're all on red alert now, Panic buying tins of baked beans, strutting around dressed head to toe in camou, practising tactical hand signals and mock military style manoeuvres and getteing ready to hunker down in the hills because Kin jong diddly doo dah has his finger on the button.

" c'mon jim-bob I want that M16 stripped and cleaned in two minutes....we still got A hundred chilli dogs to pack and mama is point...." :lol:

I'll bet they're all on red alert now, Panic buying tins of baked beans, strutting around dressed head to toe in camou, practising tactical hand signals and mock military style manoeuvres and getteing ready to hunker down in the hills because Kin jong diddly doo dah has his finger on the button.

" c'mon jim-bob I want that M16 stripped and cleaned in two minutes....we still got A hundred chilli dogs to pack and mama is point...." :lol:

:lol:

:) :)