Report it, or keep my nose out?

English archer

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When this pitbull cross grows up and takes an opportunity to rip your dogs throat out will that be OK?

One of the things that stops me getting another dog is the amount of morons with 'hard' dogs that you have to contend with when out for a walk.

Personally I would put every single one down.

I was just thinking along the same lines. What happens if six months down the line you hear of a dog attack on a human or other dog by a Pitt bull lab cross?

It's not a staff, its a Pitt bull cross. If there was nothing illegal why didn't she just advertise as a Pitt bull lab cross? Also you only have her word it was crossed with a lab and aren't Pitt bulls a cross bred in its self so adding a lab might not change much depending on what the pit bull dog or bitch was crossed with in the first place

Staff, Am Staff, Pitt Bull - w/e

So lets just destroy some innocent pups on the back of "oh they might be powerful, and oh they might go to the wrong people"

Edited by Daks

But only as ridiculous as you suggesting that nothing should be done just because you don't agree with this particular law!

I'm suggesting nothing should be done cos a litter of innocent pups will be killed.

Now go troll someone else or go see if any of ya neighbours aint taxed their car or something

I'm suggesting nothing should be done cos a litter of innocent pups will be killed.

Now go troll someone else or go see if any of ya neighbours aint taxed their car or something

A litter of innocent but potentially illegal crossbreeds. Your judgement's clouded mate. I do understand and to a degree sympathise with the 'It isn't the dog, it's the owner' line of thought, but what's to stop one of these pups ending up in the wrong hands?

You could make the same argument about all the innocent badgers that will be culled, after all, they haven't done anything wrong have they?

A litter of innocent but potentially illegal crossbreeds. Your judgement's clouded mate. I do understand and to a degree sympathise with the 'It isn't the dog, it's the owner' line of thought, but what's to stop one of these pups ending up in the wrong hands?

You could make the same argument about all the innocent badgers that will be culled, after all, they haven't done anything wrong have they?

Other than spread TB?

My judgement aint clouded by any means

Give me a Rotty, Shepherd, bullmastiff ect and I'll turn it into a killing machine, in fact it can be done with just about any dog.

Border Collies bite more people than any other breed.

It is an offence to sell a dog crossed with a Pitt Bull. The choice is yours as to what you do but the officers wh ideal with Pitt Bulls would be interested and she either has one or likely knows someone who does.

Do the " officers that deal with pitbulls " really exist ?

There should not be any pitbulls left in britain as the ban should have eradicated the breed from our shores.....yet...they seem to be here, there and everywhere.

Just yesterday i seen a monster with full harness on dragging some skinny bloke along the street with his wife/girlfriend walking along side him carrying a newborn baby ! Dreads to think what would happen if the kid upset the dog.

Staff, Am Staff, Pitt Bull - w/e

So lets just destroy some innocent pups on the back of "oh they might be powerful, and oh they might go to the wrong people"

Yes destroy them. It's stated they are a Pitt bull cross which are dangerous dogs they are bred for fighting and aggression. I know someone (dads mate) who has bred staffs for years fully registered and are lovely dogs. But staffs aren't Pitts which some people forgot that. Real staffs are nice dogs, I don't trust them, but I don't trust any dog fully as all have a chance to bite.

End of the day there illegal!!

And for a reason.

How many stories recently have we seen about people bing killed or injured.

Yes I accept most case are to do with the owners!! Not the dog.

Your just a grass if you report them????

I'm sure you would be very upset if it was your child who was torn to bits and killed by one!!!

Or you going to tell me that if you new some one did not report them because they might be a grass that you would be ok with them??

I would not I'd be fing hacked of as my child could have been saved!!

Know body ever report any thing as you will be a grass!!! What would this place be like if know one reported any thing???

But what would you be like if some one didn't report some one braking in to Your house because of bing a grass??

Now I do agree it seams hash and am unsure what will happen to the pups will they be put down??

But these breeders need to be stopped

There was an interesting program on tv a couple of weeks ago from people importing dogs illegally using animal passports. And the risks it encloses I.e rabies!!

I'm no saying report them because of the dogs it's not there fault and its crawl but its the breeders it needs stopping.

Other than spread TB?

My judgement aint clouded by any means

Give me a Rotty, Shepherd, bullmastiff ect and I'll turn it into a killing machine, in fact it can be done with just about any dog.

Border Collies bite more people than any other breed.

Not the innocent badgers fault though is it?

You may well be right, but collies aren't on the dangerous dogs register are they. That is the crux of this situation. It doesn't matter whether you think they are misjudged, the long and short of it is the law is what it is.

Fair/unfair, doesn't matter. Illegal, possibly.

Yes destroy them. It's stated they are a Pitt bull cross which are dangerous dogs they are bred for fighting and aggression. I know someone (dads mate) who has bred staffs for years fully registered and are lovely dogs. But staffs aren't Pitts which some people forgot that. Real staffs are nice dogs, I don't trust them, but I don't trust any dog fully as all have a chance to bite.

A Pittbull also known as an "American Staff"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pit_bull

Look, I'm not pro dangerous dog, really I'm not. I just feel these pups are innocent and have just as much chance of being as placid as any breed of dog given that they are half lab.

And so are pits.

satffs were bred for fighting too but are great with kids unless owned by an idiot and trained to be nasty to people too.

Pitbulls are largely thought to be bred from staffs with a lot of people saying they originated as staff x coonhound.

I rescued a Pit once that was fought a lot, she was great with people and especially kids.

Most terriers are exceptioanlly agressive if you are a rat but soft as hell with kids.

Lets face it just about anyone can own a shotgun, should we ban all cos of what could happen?

Do as you intended - report it - maybe she wont be allowed to breed anymore - no bad thing.

Re the lovely puppy, innocent puppy thing, if the RSPCA can euthanase 50,000 dogs a year, you can do the right thing with a clear concience.

A Pittbull also known as an "American Staff"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pit_bull

Look, I'm not pro dangerous dog, really I'm not. I just feel these pups are innocent and have just as much chance of being as placid as any breed of dog given that they are half lab.

I understand what your saying and I can see your point of view. The way I look at it is, they are dangerous due to traits bred into it. The worst bit is tho they are breeding a Pitt bull, maybe these pups weren't what they where after maybe more lab than Pitt bull. Reporting may get the Pitt bull dog or bitch off the streets and the pups said to be ok.

If there are people still holding onto banned dogs there is no excuse now, the original animals if there are any still alive now will be too old to harm anything. Issue is more what is an intact one is doing today and how did it breed, selling a cross pit bull but advertising different? well that's just either taking the mick or hiding the genes for nefarious means. Any dog can be trained to attack its switching them off that's the issue and one bred specifically to take serious punishment and still keep at it is a real danger! All fighting bred dogs are a danger to other dogs but might well be fine with them right up until the switch is turned on. those who blatantly keep them so long after the ban are 100% the wrong owners. If you don't report it you carry part blame if some fool turns the switch on.

Tell you what dangerous dogs are a loaded gun with an unreliable safety catch and a crutch for the weak and scared while trying to act tough

And so are pits.

satffs were bred for fighting too but are great with kids unless owned by an idiot and trained to be nasty to people too.

Pitbulls are largely thought to be bred from staffs with a lot of people saying they originated as staff x coonhound.

I rescued a Pit once that was fought a lot, she was great with people and especially kids.

Most terriers are exceptioanlly agressive if you are a rat but soft as hell with kids.

Lets face it just about anyone can own a shotgun, should we ban all cos of what could happen?

Yes but modern Pitts are still bred for fighting so still go though the breeding program. Aggressive dogs bred with aggressive bitches to get leaner meaner fighting machines. The fact you rescued a fighting pitt and trusted it with kids to me is crazy. Staffs and other fighting dog breeds don't go though the same breeding now and the fight over the years have been bred out.

Also the shotgun thing is a bit daft really, not anyone can own one.

Edited by IXI KARL IXI

Yes but modern Pitts are still bred for fighting so still go though the breeding program. Aggressive dogs bred with aggressive bitches to get leaner meaner fighting machines. The fact you rescued a fighting pitt and trusted it with kids to me is crazy. Staffs and other fighting dog breeds don't go though the same breeding now and the fight over the years have been bred out.

Get yourself a book called "the staffordshire bull terrier in history & sport"

Staffs and pits were bred to be agressive to ther dogs but NOT people, they quite often had to sleep with the children after a fight to keep warm.

And yes after I knew the Pit I rescued and spent time with it and realised it's temperament I trusted it with my kids 100% as i did with the staff & Boxer I owned at the same time.

This bitch was absolutely fine with the other dogs too, she knew it wasn't fighting time.

Also if you think you can brred out 100's of years of fighting instinct in a few generations you are sadly wrong

Edited by Elby