First good day

ShropshireSam

Just started shooting/decoying late last year and have struggled to decoy many pigeons .....mainly keeping big flocks off the rape but thought this would keep me in with the farmers I have access with. Yesterday was different, I decided to try the magnate again on a field of rape next to a good flight line. I was set up by 9 AM and had birds coming in before I was back in the hide. Had 2 busy hours and then a quiet 3 hours. Birds were drawn off the flight line to the magnate but many were then spooked and flying off, so not easy shooting. Bagged 29 with not much change from 5 boxes shells...good sport but need more practice. First time I've felt warm as well. Took out the dog (18 month old lab/pointer cross) and he did well....seems to be proud of his retreiving in the photo....although he needs to line them up neater!! :)

Hopefully this is the start of some better decoying days. Will ask around and see if i can find some peas or beans, none on my permissions. post-60773-0-64578900-1365360510_thumb.jpg