Any fencing people on here?

955i

Hi all, I am looking for a guide price to have some fencing done in the garden and wondered if there were any fencers on here or anyone who had fencing done recently that could give an indication.

Not looking for anything flash, just posts, gravel boards and panels with a gate in the bottom fence to give access to a field.

Probably looking at 6' for the side fence and 4' at the bottom.

Lengths are approximately 16m each way.

If there are any fencers on in the derby/Notts area that would be willing to come and give a quote I would be grateful and there will obviously be a cuppa in it.

Probably not looking to get the actual work done until later in the year as I need to sort the borders and things before that.

Edited by 955i

Not got that much experience with concrete post and panel fencing, usually put up a 100% timber fence instead, i think they look nicer, but that is a purely personal preference.

Be relatively easy to work out a rough estimate yourself, for materials atleast, most pannels will be either 1.8m or 6ft + post width (4"/1oomm) (guessing most will be metric now) so if 18m a side would be 10 bays: so ur looking at approx 18-20 bays

If u want a timber fence when u get above 4ft u really need to go up to 4" sq posts probably 8'6" long for normal ground and will have to be concreted in

I also take it fence not within 15m of a road, gets slightly more complicated if it is, think 1.2m is highest without planning. Lot of nonesense really but i have seen fencers go back and take fences down if too high even thou they weren't causing any problems. Something to watch out

I own a small fencing company inbox me if your doing it yourself and I'll see what I can do in regards to using one of my accounts to get the materials at bellow trade prices should save you a fair amount of money, all the best Thar