New rifle up and running

Olliesims

After reading many a post and pently of other advise from people i finally decideding on the kit I was willing to splash my well earned cash onto some decent gear, I took the plunge and have been buying the bits and pieces over the last month, i decided on these bits of kit.

tikka t3 lite .243

Optilock rings and bases

Ziess duralyt 3-12x50 non ir

Wildcat predator 8 mod

after receiving the final piece of the puzzle, (scope) it was time to take her into the field for the first session zeroing,

null-1.png

null-2.png

My ammo of choice was norma 75g vmax and all I can say is a big thank you to everyone's recommendations as I'm so happy with this gear,

I started of with bore sighting and was amazed to see only the elevation needed to be adjusted, during the whole zeroing process no windage adjustments where made!! Although I do need to adjust 1 moa, here's the results,

null.jpg

I was extremely happy with needing only 9 rounds to show the scope was zeroed and the rifle is performing well, before I left I decided to put 3 more rounds down range with only using the bipod and not a butt rest,

null-3.jpg

All 3 rounds grouped with my last group meaning I had 6 rounds in less than a inch, after the hour I spent trying her out I believe we are going to have a happy relationship,

Once again thank you all for your recommendations and comments towards these products,

Edited by Olliesims

cracking set up there mate..

cant beat tikka rifles, ive got a 223uk gunworks tikka t3..

foxes hate it!!!

I completely agree when I brought my .223 I ignored recomandations of Tikkas and brought a howa although its still a nice working rifle it lacks compared to the tikka