what's copper and brass fetching?

Paddy Galore!

hi gents, back on the tools with the council again and i've got another few baggies full of scrap taps and pipe, i've also got a few kg of bronze crickle window casement handles. just wondering if anyone knows the prices before i ring the scrapman monday.

cheers,

paddy.

Braziery/taps 3.20kg

Clean copper 4.00kg

dirty copper 3.60 kg

all approx :good:

Braziery/taps 3.20kg

Clean copper 4.00kg

dirty copper 3.60 kg

all approx :good:

thanks mate,

just to quiet the anal among you, there are no recycling facilities at the works yard, everything that's cleared from the houses is put in the skip, end of. so being the ecological god that i am i recycle all the metals and save the company a bit in skip space.

no it's mine,

perks of the job.

My dad used to say the same. He was a plumber for the council for about 20 years. I remember as a kid being given the job of sorting out the copper and brass. I especially liked having the flatten the copper ball valves with a large hammer.

My dad used to say the same. He was a plumber for the council for about 20 years. I remember as a kid being given the job of sorting out the copper and brass. I especially liked having the flatten the copper ball valves with a large hammer.

:lol:

i'm not just "saying" it's mine though. it really is. they used to weigh it in many years ago and divvy up at the end of the year between the blokes, but everything has changed now, and we all keep and collect the stuff ourselves.

as an aside, how much is cast iron going for? probably not much but i did 2 baths last week, bloody heavy, must be at least 70kg each by my guess, does anyone know how much they weigh exactly?

Not even worth bothering with or rads anymore, where i take my scrap its showing .18 , yes 18 pence per kg close of play yesterday

I would say more than that, average around 120/160 kg i would say depending on size :good:

Edited by fruity

have you got your waste carriers licensce mate? i had to finally buy one as it seems more and more people are getting fined for weighing things in without one. Now that you have to register with the scrap merchants using photo ID, theres no getting away from them

your also also have to declare it as an earning with the taxman

theres a paper trail everywhere now, gone are the days you weogh something in and get paid cash. Im now paying tax on copper off cuts that i weigh in even though ive paid my taxes when i bought it