Lanber Sporting Deluxe..New problems...

MrHoward

Hi, I bought a new Lanber Sporting Deluxe 2 months ago, Since then it has been back to GMK's for a new bottom ejector and for re-timing.

The problem was a shell was passing the bottom ejector when loading the gun and once passed it was difficult to get out especially with it being a live shell!!

The gun came back 2 weeks later and seemed ok but had developed another problem :no: The barrell selector was flicking across when firing the gun, consequently every time i went to fire it I had to keep checking what barrel was firing ? (not good when you're supposed to be concentrating on the clays!!)

I took it back to where I bought it and the Gunsmith checked it out and says there is a faulty spring in the selector and also the action was very "Springy" for a new gun.. ( Its only had about 750 shells through it) So now it's back at GMK for more repair work.

MY question to all you knowledgible people is this... What are my legal rights with rejecting the gun?? do I have to keep getting it fixed under warranty or can I ask for my money back or a different gun? ( Not another Lanber!!)

Thanks...... Howard :good:

Lanbers used to be very reliable and robust gun's but the new ones are shocking that so that lanber have now gone bust, i think your well in your rights to get your money back or trade for a different gun!!!!

Edited by jmoz82

Thanks Guys,

this was copied from the link above from aris...... Do you want a full refund?
While you may want a full refund, you're not always entitled to it if they can fix the problem....

I think that's what I'm asking, how long can the problem be "fixed" before I can reject the gun for a full refund?

Also do i need to buy from the same dealer?

With cars it is nearly impossible to get an exchange or money back under trading standards fit for purpose

As they have repaired the gun on both occassions, i would suggest you are stuck with it, I would expect a loan gun of the same quality whilst mine was away for repair and if repair was taking a exceptional amount of time then contact trading standards for money back or exchange

Edited by ChrisAsh

What is the reason they have stopped selling in the uk ?, no importer or poor gun sales.

the reason they stopped selling in the uk was that the price of marerials had gone up abd to keep selling there guns would be over the £1000 mark, there for sales would plummet as people would just buy berettas for a wee bit extra! thats what i was told

you need to get on the phone to trading standards they will advise you, I bought a Toyota Hylux last year and found it had faults, I asked for my money back £14,000

needless to say I was told no chance, I phoned trading standards they told me to write a letter and what to put, I got a phone call from the dealer asking how would I like my money,

ASK THE DEALER FIRST,if he refuses tell him your going to trading standards, if he still refuses call trading standards.

the reason they stopped selling in the uk was that the price of marerials had gone up abd to keep selling there guns would be over the £1000 mark, there for sales would plummet as people would just buy berettas for a wee bit extra! thats what i was told

I nearly went for a new lanber not so long ago , it was a sporter deluxe and nearly a grand very glad I didn't after reading a few post lately regard them , went for a sp1 686 and not looked back yet :-)

Sale of Goods Act 1979

• Item as described
  • Fit for purpose
  • Of satisfactory quality

The gun fails on at least 2 of the criteria. Based on that you should be able to ask for a full refund. The fact that they offer to repair it does not affect the above criteria (or your rights as a consumer).

If the gun was fine and you just wanted to send it back they could then offer a reduced price or credit.

As far as I know (please feel free to correct me), there is no reason why you can't ask for a full refund. The faults have been acknowledged so you are entitled to your money back. You do not have to accept the repaired gun.

As has been suggested, if the gunshop gets a bit funny, speak to CAB or Trading Standards. You are the customer so the Law is on your side.

Good luck with it.

Thanks to all for your much valued replies....

I have been given a full refund for the Lanber no questions asked by A Branthwaites in Cheadle Manchester, I have now bought a Browning 725 sporting from them and got an exceptional deal.

For the record, The Lanber factory in Spain is now closed and GMK cannot guarantee a replacement gun....

If you are ever wondering where you can get a truely honest opinion for buying a gun to suit you the go to Branthwiates .... A+++

Edited by MrHoward